Tiger Moth

Decorating By scgriffiths Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 10:01am by Lyndseyb52

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:23am
post #1 of 2

Well, I don't know whether anyone can pull themselves away from the "thread of the year" for long enough, but I need to ask some advice!!!

I made a 3d cake for a friend a few months back, and she was so thrilled that now she thinks I can make anything into a cake! So when she requested an airplane, thinking she wanted a passenger plane, I said, "sure, I can do that!" but a week or two later she told me she wanted a tiger moth! I don't know where to start! I've thought of using balsa wood as the wings and having them go right through the cake, but what would I put as the supports between them? And when I look at pictures of them only the tail is resting on the ground.....what do I do?????

1 reply
Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 10:01am
post #2 of 2

Hi

Have you ever used pastillage before? I made the turrets for my castle cake with it and I have seen pictures on the internet of planes made with it too.

I bought it in a powder and added water until it was like gum paste, it was surprisingly easy to work with and set rock hard. I don't think you'd eat it but could work for just the wings on your plane.

Good Luck

Lyndsey xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%