Pasta Machine Question

Decorating By deetmar Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm by peg818

deetmar Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #1 of 9

I have purchased a cheap pasta machine from Michael's, and hate it. The handle is always falling off, turning the dial never gets it where I want it, and part keep flying across the room.

Can anybody recommend a good pasta machine and where to purchase it?

Thanks

8 replies
cblupe Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 9

I found my pasta machine (manual) at Tuesday Morning for $8.00 bucks. I also have the kitchen aid pasta attachment which works the best for me.

TantalizingTreats Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 9

I have heard of others using pasta machines as well.... but what do you use them for?

Very curious icon_confused.gif

pastryjen Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:06am
post #4 of 9

For rolling out gumpaste and fondant for accents.

TantalizingTreats Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:08am
post #5 of 9

so... it makes it flat? like rolling it out with a rolling pin.. I was thinking like speghetti noodles or something...lol

pastryjen Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:21am
post #6 of 9

Yes - so that all your cut outs are the same because your fondant is all the same thickness.

The spaghetti would be great for rope borders. Come to think of it, I have that attachment - I wonder how useful the lasagna noodle would be?

Cakepro Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 6:57am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetmar

I have purchased a cheap pasta machine from Michael's, and hate it. The handle is always falling off, turning the dial never gets it where I want it, and part keep flying across the room.

Can anybody recommend a good pasta machine and where to purchase it?

Thanks

Just so you know, every tabletop manual pasta machine is exactly like the one you purchased. The handles come off, the clamp won't work on thick tables, and you have to pull out the dial, turn it to the number you want, and then let the dial go back into place to lock the rollers in that position.

Go to Amazon.com and type in "pasta machine." Take a look ~ they are all the same. icon_smile.gif

Learn to use it. It's really awkward at first but after a little experience, it's very simple to use. Or just buy a KitchenAid pasta roller attachment. I have both and use both equally.

Happy rolling! icon_smile.gif

deetmar Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 9

I do have the kitchenaid attachment also. I was just afraid to use if for gumpaste after I have used it for pasta.

I was really hoping that there would be one better than the one I have. I hate it. But if they are all the same, I will learn to live with it.

Thanks for the help.

peg818 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 9

I have an atlas, with a motor. using the motor frees up my hands so that i don't have try and turn the handle and feed the machine. I also, find that when i use the motor i don't have to clamp that baby down to the table.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%