How-To Build A Toilet Cake

Decorating By DomiS Updated 12 Feb 2014 , 10:38pm by TheSweetBoutique

DomiS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DomiS Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 8

HELP!

I want to build a toilet bowl cake with the seat up. Any and all help with actually building it would be greatly appreciated. I'm very nervous about it falling apart/collapsing.

So far, what I've thought up is to make the base a double layer cake with the requested filling and 'tiling' it with fondant to make it looks like the bathroom floor. Then (mainly because I'm so scared of it collapsing) I'd build the toilet bowl out of krispy-treat and cover it with fondant and make the lid out of white chocolate. Then using fondant to make the toilet accessories.
I'd really like to be able to make the toilet out of cake too, but I can't find any instruction on how to icon_sad.gif

help!! Please icon_lol.gif

Thank you!!!

7 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure how big you want the toilet...it could be supported pretty well if its a big cake...

For a big cake I'd probably build a small stand using a 1" dowel and then an oval shaped or T-shaped board to support most of the bowl and the tank. Then you can put cake underneath as well to build up the base of the toilet.

If you are just doing a small one on top of the cake you would still need some sort of an internal stand I think.

TheCakeDude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeDude Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #3 of 8

This was one of the first cakes I ever did, but it came out decent. Its all buttercream and sculpted cake, and the seat lid is a cardboard round cut into shape and covered in buttercream. It didnt take much to keep it standing, just a few dowels in the tank part, and bamboo rods in the lid. Good luck with your john!
LL

colleenant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colleenant Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 8

I made a toilet seat cake for my father's retirement, he was a plumber. I unfortunatley dont have a pic, hopefully you could imagine, I'll try to be descriptive.

I used 2 - 9 x 13 cakes and
one large wilton doll mold (this will be the toilet bowl)

Lay one 9x13 flat, this will be the base. (face the 9" width toward you, this will be the front)
Dig a shallow hole toward the front of the base so the narrow part of doll mold can be placed 2 inches into it.
Cut any amount off narrowest part of mold to make it look like a toilet bowl and so it will sit stable in the base of the cake.
Cut other 9x13 into 3 pieces making 4 1/3 x 9 pieces.
Stack these pieces on the back of the base to make the back of the toilet.

I did not use any dowels, I just put plenty of icing in between the pieces that were joined; it was very stable. Put it in the fridge to stiffin the icing, this will stablize it even more.

I colored light blue icing for the top of the toilet seat and made it look like water. All the details you can get creative with.

I did not make the seat, just the back of the toilet.

If you plan well, it should be easy.

ghasan887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghasan887 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 8

How much would you charge for a toilet cake that feeds 25 covered in BC with Choc Bavarian cream filling? TIA

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 8

Presumably NOT decorated with "urinal mints."

ghasan887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghasan887 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 8

AI was gonna use colored piping gel and some little fish floating inside instead of the usual

TheSweetBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetBoutique Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

AThank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%