Photographing Cakes

Decorating By annielu Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm by cylstrial

annielu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annielu Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 3

I was told by a friend of my husband's that I take terrible pictures of my cakes. Is there a site to help you on this? I thought my pictures were quite nicely done, and then he had to go say that! Help please, I'm fuming mad!

2 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 3

Ok, I looked at your tiered cake, you have shadows on the right side, and the others you can see details, but there taken real close.

What I do, and Im not an expert by any means...is I dress up my table...I use a curtain, lace, but first underneath I place either books, boxes, whatever so that its not just flat, I have different levels...then a white/cream sheet and then the lace sheet, I sometimes add props..but to not take away from the cake.

Then I take with the lights on and then with the lights off...I take different angles and straight on, from above on a chair...I take several and then pick the better one's. Make sure you have no shadows in the picktures. Some people put there cakes in boxes that are lined with a color cloth...good luck.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Some people put there cakes in boxes that are lined with a color cloth...good luck.

I never thought of that! I hate all of the pictures that I take, so I'm taking a photography class right now, so that I can get it right.

There is a lady on CC who made a photography tutorial. Here is the link to the website! I don't know her name on CC though.

http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/All_Entries.html

It's about halfway down the page and says Cake Photo Tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%