Kindergarten Celebration Cake

Decorating By Briarview Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm by RandomCakes

Briarview Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 6

I have just made a cake for a 30th celebration for a kindergarten and now the organisation has asked for another cake for another kindy under their umbrella. I went all out with the first cake and now I'm afraid I need another idea. This one is for an opening of a newly built kindy. Did think I could make a replica of the building but it has too many angles. I have attached a photo of the one I did. Has anyone some ideas please. Thanks

5 replies
kakeladi2 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 6

Oh my - you did go all out icon_smile.gif
Sorry I don't have any ideas to pass on but just wonted to say what a nice job you did on this one.
Hope someone else can help you.

clovely Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 6

Do they have a logo or something you could work off of?

Briarview Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 6

Yes that is the logo, the little coloured people of different sizes and a K. Thanks to those who have answered.

Carnival_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 6

I usually just lurk, but this one kinda hits home and I'd like to help. I have two little ones myself; one in kindergarten and one headed that way this fall.

I'm only assuming that your cake doesn't HAVE to be structured, or have the name of the organization written on top. Put yourself in the class a moment...any one of the aspects of a kindy class.

Messy fingerpainting with wee little handprints
A chalkboard with writing/drawing on it
Story time
Nap time

I say just pick one aspect of the kindergarten class and run with it.

Hopefully that'll get the ol' gears turning.

RandomCakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 6

Or cubbys, though that seems like it could be kinda hard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%