Really Smart Kid Cake Idea

Decorating By CIndymm4 Updated 19 Aug 2005 , 3:34am by jjandascog

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 1:31am
post #1 of 8

Got a letter today and my daughter has been extended an invitation to take the SAT's in December....the amazing part is she's only 12 and in 7th grade......apparently she tested so high last year on the state testing that they want her to go aheah and take the SAT's.....I want to do a special cake for her to show her how proud we all are of her, any ideas???

7 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 1:35am
post #2 of 8

How about a stack of books? You could make them SAT prep books, or title one "How To Choose An Ivy League College". Congratulations to you too on having such a smartie!
I think I saw a cake on here with a wise owl sitting among books. I'll look for it. Good luck!

CIndymm4 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 1:58am
post #3 of 8

Thanks tastycakes, that's a good idea......we really won't need to much cake though, most of the "book" cakes look like they feed a larger group, what sizes would you suggest so I could make a smaller amount?

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:07am
post #4 of 8

You could really make it any size you want. It you made a 12x18 you could cut it into 2 or 3 books of sifferent size rectanglesand then just stack them. You would really only need to make each book out of 1 layer. You could even do a 9x13 it the bigger is too much. But hey, if you have extra cake you could send some in to her favorite teacher as a thanks for the inspiration (and exposure for you) since school's starting soon. Or give pieces to your neighbors as an excuse to brag thumbs_up.gif about your smart baby!!!!!

CIndymm4 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:16am
post #5 of 8

I think I'm going to try it with the 12 x 18 and just make 2 or 3 books out of it......hadn't thought about in sharing it with others I'd get a chance to brag at the same time, but of course they'll want to know why I made the cake right! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thanks for your help with the idea and I'll post a picture when I get it made!

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:19am
post #6 of 8

I love the book idea! That's a great one! You could make each one a different subject! Great idea and CONGRATS!! Send the smart waves over here to my kid too!

CIndymm4 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:23am
post #7 of 8

I wish I could send those smart waves.....this child is my fourth one, so I had to wait awhile to get one. icon_lol.gif

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 3:34am
post #8 of 8

If you didn't want to do a large cake you could make a small sheet cake or even a round one to look like a table top and with fondant or something make books, a notebook and a pen to put on the table top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%