Frosting Emergency!!

Decorating By mavreader Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 12:35am by fiddlesticks

mavreader Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #1 of 5

I'm losing it! I have a cake due on Easter with tons of roses and drop flowers...i started my flower making this past tuesday, but without success. I used the WIlton Buttercream Recipe and it was just horrible. I came on CC and I found Serious_Cakes' buttercream recipe. I made that 3 times and they all came out wayyy to thin. Does anyone have any other frosting recipes that i can try? I have to make them like right now to give them time to dry up at least so I can stick them on the cake by tomorrow night and deliver the cake Sunday Morning...helppp!!! i'm losing the frosting battle !!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:23am
post #2 of 5

If you use Wiltons BC recipe with all shortening and no butter, it will dry faster. Don't put in all the water it calls for all at once. Do really small amounts at a time until it is stiff and smooth. If it's too thin, add some more powdered sugar. This is the recipe:
1 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
2 tablespoons of water
1 lb of powdered sugar (4cups)
1 tablespoon Meringue Powder (optional)

HTH and good luck.
Melissa

cjshoemake Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:32am
post #3 of 5

you can always put your flowers in the freezer once you do them and then they will be hard enough in no time to pop on to your cake.

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 5

I like the buttercream dream in the recipe section !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%