Phoenix Az--Stand For 150 Cupcakes...help?

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:46am by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 12

Phoenix peeps! I have a friend who is looking to rent (is there such a thing?) a cupcake stand for 150 cupcakes for her son's wedding May 2 in Scottsdale....any ideas I can give her to steer her in the right direction? I don't think she wants to make one, and I am clueless about cupcakes and stands! Thanks in advance!

11 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 12

Oohhh...good luck with that. I was gonna suggest making the Martha Stewart one. I made one for dirt cheap (well I had someone make one for me). It's been a life saver! Again...good luck!

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 12

Yeah...I have nothing to do with this wedding thankfully, but she asked if I knew about cuppy stands, so I am here to ask the experts! Might end up recommending making ones herself anyways...lol!

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 12

I've seen them, but usually for less servings. I just googled, and www.cakesbysam.com came up and has very large metal ones for over $200., or plastic that holds 100 and would need to be refilled. If the web address is blocked, it's the first store that comes up entering:
CUPCAKE STAND
Also, there is a great tutorial on www.cakejournal.com's blog site, which could be made any size, just with stable materials.
HTH icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 12

she should make the cupcake stand listed on here .. I can't remember the ladies name, I want to say adven or antonia. Sorry I am not much help, but I built one and used it last summer for a cupcake wedding. it is in my photos.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks guys! I'm forwarding the link to the tutorials and cakesbysam dotcom now...I think it will help! icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 12

There is nothing that big that I'm aware of Jamie. ABC has stands but they're a heck of a lot smaller. Sounds like she'd need a custom made stand or something smaller than would just need to be refilled.

KimAZ

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks Kim...found one on cakes by sam DOT com that holds 100, so she might do that and just refill it!

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:34am
post #9 of 12

Cupcaketree.com ships fast, is a good product, and it's cheap too!

Best of luck!

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Thanks Kim...found one on cakes by sam DOT com that holds 100, so she might do that and just refill it!

No problem! I guess it comes down to how much she wants to spend. I like the metal ones, but I hardly ever have cupcake orders for that many people to make it worth it.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #11 of 12

Here's some info I wrote about one I own, it's a link below in my signature too...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-22674-stand.html

and here's a blog I found online that shows an utterly HUGE and gorgeous one! I love it.

http://themeckleys.com/blog/2009/01/giant-diy-cupcake-stand/

thumbs_up.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #12 of 12

Dang...that is sweet! I haven't heard back from her, I bet she will make her own, and now I have some good links and tutorials...thanks again everybody!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%