Phoenix Az--Stand For 150

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:46am by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 12

Phoenix peeps! I have a friend who is looking to rent (is there such a thing?) a cupcake stand for 150 cupcakes for her son's wedding May 2 in Scottsdale....any ideas I can give her to steer her in the right direction? I don't think she wants to make one, and I am clueless about cupcakes and stands! Thanks in advance!

11 replies
milissasmom Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 12

Oohhh...good luck with that. I was gonna suggest making the Martha Stewart one. I made one for dirt cheap (well I had someone make one for me). It's been a life saver! Again...good luck!

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 12

Yeah...I have nothing to do with this wedding thankfully, but she asked if I knew about cuppy stands, so I am here to ask the experts! Might end up recommending making ones herself!

sweetiesbykim Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 12

I've seen them, but usually for less servings. I just googled, and came up and has very large metal ones for over $200., or plastic that holds 100 and would need to be refilled. If the web address is blocked, it's the first store that comes up entering:
Also, there is a great tutorial on's blog site, which could be made any size, just with stable materials.
HTH icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 12

she should make the cupcake stand listed on here .. I can't remember the ladies name, I want to say adven or antonia. Sorry I am not much help, but I built one and used it last summer for a cupcake wedding. it is in my photos.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks guys! I'm forwarding the link to the tutorials and cakesbysam dotcom now...I think it will help! icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 12

There is nothing that big that I'm aware of Jamie. ABC has stands but they're a heck of a lot smaller. Sounds like she'd need a custom made stand or something smaller than would just need to be refilled.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks Kim...found one on cakes by sam DOT com that holds 100, so she might do that and just refill it!

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:34am
post #9 of 12 ships fast, is a good product, and it's cheap too!

Best of luck!

sweetiesbykim Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 12
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Thanks Kim...found one on cakes by sam DOT com that holds 100, so she might do that and just refill it!

No problem! I guess it comes down to how much she wants to spend. I like the metal ones, but I hardly ever have cupcake orders for that many people to make it worth it.

antonia74 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #11 of 12

Here's some info I wrote about one I own, it's a link below in my signature too...

and here's a blog I found online that shows an utterly HUGE and gorgeous one! I love it.

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #12 of 12

Dang...that is sweet! I haven't heard back from her, I bet she will make her own, and now I have some good links and tutorials...thanks again everybody!

Quote by @%username% on %date%