Example Pictures

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm by poohsmomma

Creative_chika Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 6

I had a lady email me and ask me to send her a couple of pictures of cakes for a girl, 1st birthday... I dont have any for first birthdays or princess, but I don't now if its right to show pictures that aren't yours as EXAMPLES. I would never ever say, I made this cake if it wasnt mine because I wouldn't like for someone to take credit for my cakes... Recently I even found some pictures on a ad that were from a CCuser but didnt belong to that person that posted the ad, and I think that is so wrong!!! What do you think about this??? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
kidscakelady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 6

I usually direct people to this site and say take a look in the galleries and let me know if you see anything that you like. I then ask the original poster if they mind if I copy their design and of course give credit when you post your own photo to the original designer.

The wedding cake that I just completed came about from this exact method. this gives the customer the leisure to browse through the galleries and see what they like. Of course, if you have your own to show, direct them there first and then share all the wonderful talent on here. HTH

txsteph Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative_chika

I had a lady email me and ask me to send her a couple of pictures of cakes for a girl, 1st birthday... I dont have any for first birthdays or princess, but I don't now if its right to show pictures that aren't yours as EXAMPLES. I would never ever say, I made this cake if it wasnt mine because I wouldn't like for someone to take credit for my cakes... Recently I even found some pictures on a ad that were from a CCuser but didnt belong to that person that posted the ad, and I think that is so wrong!!! What do you think about this??? icon_confused.gif

I agree with kidscake .. direct her here to browse. As far as the ad you saw, I would contact the CCuser & inform them about it. To take credit for someone elses work is despicable.

2txmedics Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 6

Thats what I do when people ask about cakes...I give them this site, and tell them to look...and then they can take ideas from different cakes. Even if I dont make them...and they go somewhere else...this is much better than any old magazine, or bride books you can find on the market.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 6

Customer: "Can you make a birthday cake for a little girl, she's turning 1 and I'd like to do something Princessy...any ideas?"

Me: "Sure, let me check around online and come up with some ideas for you"

(I go to google, type in "princess birthday cake")

Me: "Check out these links and see if you like the styles at all. If you do, send me back the ones you like and your ideas for colors or ways to change it to fit what you need. I don't copy cakes detail for detail, but we can certainly incorporate ideas that you see into your cake"

Works every time. At the very least, it gets them to say what they want!

poohsmomma Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 6

I only make cakes for my friends and family, but I like to get them to choose a theme, buy some plates, napkins, etc, and then I use those as my springboard for a design. Even if it's just colors, that's a place to start.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%