Tattoos Anyone?

Lounge By pebblez87 Updated 24 May 2017 , 4:50pm by Vallaby

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Have any of you had a tattoo done to cover a scar? I had surgery on my leg and I have a 6" scar that I'd like to hide somehow...I was thinking of a flower of some sort. My husband doesn't think it would work to have a tattoo done right on the scar, partly because we can feel the metal plates under the skin. I know right now it's way too sensitive but I'm thinking in about a year I'll try it.

I have a scar on my back (actually right above my existing tattoo) that I'm planning to cover, as soon as I can figure out what's going to cover it up and match the other tattoo. From everything I hear, as long as you wait a year, it's perfectly fine to tattoo over scars. My doc actually told me that it's a very common way to cover scars from back surgery. I don't know about the metal plates, but that really shouldn't make that much of a difference, it's only skin-deep, after all. icon_wink.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #32 of 36

I just had this one done about 8 months ago.. and I am wanting more.. I personally will only get tattoos on my back and would like to keep adding to a full back piece.. I have done a lot of research on the different symbolism's of tattoos , I don't think I would ever get a "trendy" tattoo...

In mine the Koi fish symbolizes strength , transformation and rebirth. Japanese legend surrounding the koi says that if one of these mythic fish succeeds in traversing both the upstream voyage of the river, and in climbing the falls of the Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it will then magically transform into a dragon.

In the Chinese culture the cherry blossom symbolizes beauty, power and feminine dominance. In Japanese culture The cherry blossom is a very delicate flower that blooms for a very short time. For the Japanese this represents the transience of life.

I would never get a tattoo that didn't represent something to me. I don't think anyone should get one on a whim , it is with you forever! I took 6 months to design mine and to think of what it meant to me. I am currently designing the next one for my back but have also drawn a few for family members. I then paint them on a canvas with a story of the meaning of the picture on the back of the canvas.

The bottom pic is one of my favorite pieces of art... I would love to have a backpiece like that!.....
LL
LL
LL

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:20am
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by umgrzfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

I want a dragon fly, either on my foot or wrist, not sure which yet.

I say foot because it's easy to cover up if you ever get a job with a "no visible tattoo" policy.

Not sure if you have one, but yeah!!!!!!!!! IT HURTS LIKE H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK!!!!!!! Here are my two. The one on my R ankle is the exact size of my youngest who was born 6 weeks premature. The one on my L FOOT icon_cry.gif is a Rosary for my sister. She was killed when I was 13, ok, I can't figure out how to change the pixels. As soon as I can figure it out, I will post the pics

My daughter just got an owl on her right foot.... She said it was the worst pain she has ever felt in her life.. So she figures any other tattoos would be a "piece of cake" after that!

Monelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monelove Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:38am
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

I alternate between wanting one, and not. My husband is totally against tattoos, and says "What will you say to YOUR daughter about it?" But I really want a celtic knot of some type (Really like the mother's knot shown above!) on my ankle. We'll see. Maybe when I turn 40....

I said to my family...."Jesus loves me and my tattoos!"

Monelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monelove Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:43am
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelina81

I have always wanted a tattoo, first my dad didn't allow it, then I married and had six kids and thought about having one done but my husband didn't approve. Any way I just turned 50 and decided to listen to what Bon Jovi says, "It's my life, I ain't gonna live forever!" First tattoo: a moon with 10 stars and a ribbon all thru it. My daughters have the same one. Next week come the other two: heart with flames and wings (Sugarland logo-huge fan) and white ink wings on my wrist. And no, I don't care about old and saggy because we don't get old just older! (Also a Bon Jovi fan, as you can tell!)
PS: My husband loves my tattoo! Go figure!

You go Isabelina!! We only live once...think BUCKET LIST girls!

Vallaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vallaby Posted 24 May 2017 , 4:50pm
post #36 of 36

My husband also does not allow me to make a tattoo. But I really want to !!! I like watercolor flowers. I think maybe poppies like this http://flowertattooideas.com/50-watercolor-poppy-tattoos/  I'd cover them a scar on my arm. It seems to me that tattoos can become a real decoration for the body, most importantly, that they have to made by a good artist!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%