What Is Your Opinion Of The Kitchen-Aid Mixer?

Decorating By Bigbearswife Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 4:48am by erikamj

Bigbearswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bigbearswife Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 42

What is your opinion of the Kitchen-Aid Mixer?

I'm gathering some information on the Kitchen-Aid Mixer for a Poll and i'd love your input.

41 replies
ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 42

I LOVE IT, COULDN'T DO WITHOUT IT! icon_biggrin.gif

donkeemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donkeemom Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 42

My Kitchen Aid mixer is the most reliable piece of kitchen equipment I have ever owned. I have had it for 28 year and have never had a single problem with it. I love it!

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 42

It is the mos thoughtful and wonderful gift I have ever recieved. I don't know how I lived without it. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #5 of 42

As everyone else said, I love it! I travel with it sometimes!!

schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 42

I've had mine for 10 years and it's still going strong! My MIL had a Bosch and she sold it at a yard sale.

If something ever happened to my KA I would run to the store and by another one! icon_smile.gif

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #7 of 42

I love my kitchen aid mixer. Makes wonderful buttercream
Well worth the money.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #8 of 42

I love my KA. It was a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband this past year and I couldn't do without it now!

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:37am
post #9 of 42

My KA was a birthday gift from my hubby two years ago and honestly, I don't know how I got along without it for so many years; it's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:39am
post #10 of 42

Love my kitchen aid.....but I can honestly say that I have a cooks model I love equally. I use them both but I do baby the KA...

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:42am
post #11 of 42

i bought a ka about 10yrs ago...i use my ka for almost everything .i wouldn't know how to live with out one.as it is i got my son one for xmas. he is a chef and he love his too.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:54am
post #12 of 42

I don't have one YET. I've been looking into all the different models available from KA's website, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kohl's, Macy's, J.C. Penney's, Sam's Club & other websites. Every place seems to have different ones or different prices. Kohl's has a huge sale Friday & Saturday only, also a 20% off coupon off the sale price. The best buy I believe for me is the one at Sam's Club. It's a 5 quart, 475 watts for $269.00. That beats everybody & it's their regular price & also, Sam's takes most everything back if you have the receipt if there is a problem even after a year & gives you a new one. HTH

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:55am
post #13 of 42

The Kitchen aid has made my life soooooo much easier. I love them so much, I have bought one in every size! They are truly the best things in my kitchen. And kitchen aid's customer service is the best!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:57am
post #14 of 42

Most. Ridiculous. Poll. Ever.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 6:13am
post #15 of 42

I love mine..I couldn't live without it!...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:01am
post #16 of 42

I thought my Kitchen aid was about to break down... So 2 years ago I bought a new one at Christmas... Here I am 2 years later... The one I thought would be breaking down is still going strong. The new one of 2 years ago... is still in the box WAITING to replace the old one.. Kitchen Aid is the best...

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:36pm
post #17 of 42

I got mine 18 years ago and have never had an issue with it. Love it.

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:44pm
post #18 of 42

Got my KA six years ago for Christmas and L-O-V-E it!!! Best gift I ever got!

~Sarah

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #19 of 42

I've had my 2 for over 8 years and each is still going strong.I have a 4.5 quart and a 6 quart.I usually do 2-3 batches every week so it gets alot of use plus I mix all my cake batters with them as well.

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #20 of 42

Such a worthwhile investment! A bit pricey, but worth every penny! It speeds up the baking process and is such great quality... I've had my 4.5 quart for 7 years and it's still going strong. I recently tried the 6 quart; sooo nice... (I know, I'm probably sounding pretty weird- talking about a machine like this ha ha). The larger mixing bowl is great and there's a bit more power. The wattage on the 4.5 is just fine too though. That's my two cents! icon_biggrin.gif

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:44am
post #21 of 42

I love having a stand mixer, but I've had issues with my Kitchen-aid. I bought mine refurbished though (it was all I could afford) but in thier behalf thier customer service is excellent. I had issues with mine starting and called them up, e-mailed my puchase receipt to prove the warrenty was still on and poof 2 days later brand new kitchen aid to replace the old one and they paid for the shipping to send the old one back.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 12:54am
post #22 of 42

I got my moms when she died 18 years ago (she had it for at least 15 years before that) and I only replaced it recently when I redid my kitchen and wanted it to match. The old was was still going strong so I gave it to my daughter's nanny.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #23 of 42

I got mine for my 16th birthday... im 23 now.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Only thing I would change is my mom broke the little black nob on it.. to turn up the speed.... and I only have the 4.5.... i am dreaming of a bigger one.. I wish they made a 10qt!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #24 of 42

I love mine. My son got it for me a quite a few years ago....I may need to update my birthday list hehehe...really new cool colors.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #25 of 42

The only other purchase more important in my life than my KitchenAid is my birth control pills!!! icon_lol.gif

LOVE it! We bought my mom a Sunbeam stand mixer a couple years ago for Christmas and I used it while we were up visiting and it SUCKED. icon_cry.gif I was so mad we didn't go the extra cost and get her a KA.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #26 of 42

Cooks Illustrated tested mixers and the KA Pro 6qt was the winner. The Artisan didn't do nearly as well. I love my KA 6qt and I'm soooo happy I bought it. It paid for itself really fast and I use it almost every day. My BFF got me an extra bowl and covers for Christmas, which has really made things easier for me.

You can't go wrong with a KA.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #27 of 42

It's the most reliable appliance I own. I find the 4.5 qt model too small though. If you want to mix enough batter for anything more than two 8" round pans, you need the 6 qt.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #28 of 42

Love mine...don't know how I ever did without one....will never go without one. I have a 6 quart and love, love, love it. Would never make buttercream without one!!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #29 of 42

Probably fall into the category of "one of the best gifts ever!" For an entire year after I got it, I get into bed, wake up my husband, and say: "have I told you how much I love my KA?"

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #30 of 42

I love it I've had mine for almost 10 years, and you would think it's brand new. my mom wanted a mixer and she was thinking of getting a Sunbeam, because it was the consumer best buy. I talked her into a KA, I knew she would regret not getting one after a year when that one was burnt up. Can't beat them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%