Nightmare With Cream Cheese Imbc N Cupcakes

Decorating By Marmette Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 6:42pm by crystalina1977

Marmette Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 4

Its been quite the drama filled day.
A co-worker ordered some cupcakes for the easter weekend and it was a simple order 2dozen choclate cupcakes with 14 vanilla and 10 cream cheese frostings.
But i dont really like the taste of the american butter cream so i decided to try my hands at IMBC. the normal IMBC turned out great so i went on to try the the cream cheese IMBC recipe that posted on cake central thumbsdown.gif
i followed the recipe but it turned out with a frosting that was way to thin to pipe after adding the cream cheese. I tried to stiffen it up with some powdered sugar and was able to get it to stiffen up. At which pt i got really excited especially since it tasted soo yummy. like ice cream. but that should have been my first warning.
anyway after icing my cupcakes with it this morning and placing the eggs on it i liked the way they turned out ( can be seen in my pictures) i was quite proud of myself. half an hour later they didnt look to pretty. just before leaving home i realised the cream cheese IMBC was melting pretty badly. all the eggs were sliding of it and it was forming messy pulls of icing in my box. icon_sad.gif i spent quite a bit of time fixing it.
only to get to work and carry them in open the box and they had all tipped over including the IMBC ones that were doing great icon_cry.gif i didnt have time to take pictures but you can imagine the mess. i dont know what i did wrong cos i made sure they were perfectly horizontal when carrying them

3 replies
crystalina1977 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 4

i am sorry to hear you had so much trouble! i definitely know how it is to get so frustrated by things like this. the only things i can offer are: do you have a good system to transport cupcakes? and it might be worth it to try new recipes before using them for an order...other than that...i'm sure they tasted wonderful!!!

Marmette Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 4

I totally agree that i need to look at how i transport my cakes. any tips?
and your right about the recipe. But i have tried several cream cheese frostings and they all end up way to soft i dont know if anyone can help me out with a good recipe for it that doesnt melt at least.

crystalina1977 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 4

ive never transported cupcakes but they do make plastic bins for them, that might help you.

something i use for cakes i could not live without is that non slip mesh like shelf liner. i'm not sure what it's called but it comes in rolls and it's kind of soft and i guess people use it in their shelves. i use it in a large plastic bin as a liner and i place my cakes on it. they stay put!

also cream cheese frosting is def soft...the more you beat it the more liquified it seems to get. might increase the butter to cream cheese ratio for something more stiff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%