Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:47pm
post #961 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

Maybe I am just an ignorant Jew (very very possible) but is it really that common to have a wedding on a Friday?

I was.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:47pm
post #962 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

I'm dissapointed if this is a hoax icon_sad.gif I wanted that bride to be taken to court!!!

Well in an interesting turn of events the OP could be the one ending up in court since she *stole* someone's cake picture off of their site and passed it off as her own. judge.gif

Ya know, we have quite a few CC members from Australia........wouldn't it be interesting if one of them is the owner of that cake picture? icon_razz.gif

Let's all sign the guest book on her website...... icon_lol.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:47pm
post #963 of 1040

I think I would like to inform the original bakery of this heist, and see how they react to having their cake pawned off as someone else's.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:52pm
post #964 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

I think I would like to inform the original bakery of this heist, and see how they react to having their cake pawned off as someone else's.

Anyone watch Ace of Cakes yesterday? Mary Alice is right on top of anyone who uses THEIR photos as their cakes, so I'm sure any legit bakery would feel the same way. (It was funny ... the site who used Duff's cake photos had a notice on their website that the pics were "copyrighted"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

taxlady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxlady1 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #965 of 1040
Quote:

Do you make cakes or just read forums I too am wondering who you really are?!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #966 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Anyone watch Ace of Cakes yesterday? Mary Alice is right on top of anyone who uses THEIR photos as their cakes, so I'm sure any legit bakery would feel the same way. (It was funny ... the site who used Duff's cake photos had a notice on their website that the pics were "copyrighted"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

Are you serious? I missed it!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm
post #967 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

I'm dissapointed if this is a hoax icon_sad.gif I wanted that bride to be taken to court!!!

Well in an interesting turn of events the OP could be the one ending up in court since she *stole* someone's cake picture off of their site and passed it off as her own. judge.gif

Ya know, we have quite a few CC members from Australia........wouldn't it be interesting if one of them is the owner of that cake picture? icon_razz.gif

Let's all sign the guest book on her website...... icon_lol.gif

She/he found a party planning website...a wedding cake and photoshoped it..made up a fake story. Unless they can find the I.P address of Dsevans...(which the bakery probably will not)...not much they will do about it.

Karen1534 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen1534 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #968 of 1040

I'm just a newbie here. I just joined a couple of months ago. This is the first real time I've checked anything out on this site. All though I've been decorating for a long time. I need advise from all of you to bring my skills up to par. I was hoping I'd find that here. Now, I'm not so sure. Can I really believe anything? What a disappointment. To the caker that found the real photo. My hat is off to you! If there is really anyone here that would be totally truthful with me about cake decorating. Please contact me. I really need help getting caught up on skills. No one in our area has classes any longer.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #969 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady1

Quote:

Do you make cakes or just read forums I too am wondering who you really are?!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll neeeeever tell. (from that creepy movie, whatever it was) icon_lol.gif I got tired of always having to say the right things since my user name was tied to my business, so this way, I can say whatever I want.

indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:59pm
post #970 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

She/he found a party planning website...a wedding cake and photoshoped it..made up a fake story. Unless they can find the I.P address of Dsevans...(which the bakery probably will not)...not much they will do about it.

If you look on the Searcy Chamber of Commerce, that website IS a member (as it states on the website) and the owners name is dixie evans (which fits the screen name).

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #971 of 1040

"I am so MAD and just don't know why people try and get away with things like that...."

That is a quote from the OP...I agree with it 100%-except I'm aiming it back at her!

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #972 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll neeeeever tell. (from that creepy movie, whatever it was) icon_lol.gif I got tired of always having to say the right things since my user name was tied to my business, so this way, I can say whatever I want.

This is exactly the crap we're talking about. Be real or don't *be* at all. That's just a big load of crap.
You can say whatever you want...........don't expect any of us *real* members to listen to ya! thumbsdown.gif

Anyone else tired of these games?

FeGe_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:00pm
post #973 of 1040

And ANOTHER THING.....Dsevans/Officer Morgan..probably wants you to think the original website is theirs so you can ''BLAST their business". She/He might have a vendetta against the "OP website..in Searcy, Arkansas" Which of course is not hers/his!.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #974 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirechic

It's OE all over again!

Let me know when Chocolate Man shows up! icon_lol.gif

The post was "Officially Embarrassed" (ok, so my spelling is terrible!!!!)
and SOMEONE (Edna, you naughty girl!!!!) posted a photo of an absolutely beautiful man covered in melted chocolate!!!! Too yummy!!!!!

No worries about spelling, I think that was how it was spelled on the original thread!

Too bad this was all a hoax. I have a family member who (also makes cakes) is like this, lying to get attention. If OP wasn't from a different state, I would be inclined to think it was her. Be careful of doing this OP, there have been a lot of drama, hurt feelings, and rifts in my family because of this person's need for attention. thumbsdown.gif

Jakap2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jakap2 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #975 of 1040

I'm very sorry to read how everything turned out.
I was sorry for OP, it sounded so true. In my company where I work, we had some clients stop payments on check "just because they felt it's too much $$ for what we did". This site is sooo full of information and nice people, with reactions like "don't trust newbies anymore", it's sad to be one of them. icon_cry.gif Please, don't reject everyone just because of this OP. Please, please, please...

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #976 of 1040

CASE CLOSED!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:02pm
post #977 of 1040

Some members even started a thread to petition her to be in the next member spotlight!!LOL!

This is classic!! ROTFLMHO!!!!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:02pm
post #978 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

If you look on the Search Chamber of Commerce, that website IS a member (as it states on the website) and the owners name is dixie evans (which fits the screen name).

I still think they did this to spite dixie evans. You would have to be pretty dumb to steal a photo..and claim as your own..then post your own website..and get caught in a LIE!!!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #979 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, my DH is a VP but he started at the bottom right out of college in 84. So he's worked his way up and doesn't expect or demand *favors* for family or friends, he's way too professional for that kind of stuff.
Thank God for that.

dkelly, I was not implying that against your hubby ... my SINCEREST apologies if it came across that way. My hubby was the same way ... he started in the warehouse as a delivery boy!

But I'll bet both of our hubby's could share stories of prima donna's in the banking world who think they walk on water! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh no, I didn't think you were. Its just that the *banking exec's* are getting such a bad name in the news lately and he is definitely NOT one of those that doesn't care about his employees. Probably why he hasn't been *axed* yet........thankfully he's still employed........for now icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, they could definitely share stories I'm sure. Hey maybe if we ever get out to the Indy 500 we'll swing by and buy you guys dinner! icon_wink.gif

edit because of my horrific spelling

Don't feel that way at all because we all know that just like people there are good bank people and bad bank people. I worked at a bank while in college as a teller and it was an eye opening experience on that end. I worked in a small bank in Indiana with a number of branches in the area but small nonetheless. One of the girls I started with is also now a bank exec having gone to school at night while working as a teller during the day. I just wanted to let both you and Debi know that you both always add so much to this board and have learned a lot from your sage advice.

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #980 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

If you look on the Search Chamber of Commerce, that website IS a member (as it states on the website) and the owners name is dixie evans (which fits the screen name).

OK we have a *co-share* for the Columbo award...........another great piece of detective work by the one and only indy! thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #981 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrig007

Don't feel that way at all because we all know that just like people there are good bank people and bad bank people. I worked at a bank while in college as a teller and it was an eye opening experience on that end. I worked in a small bank in Indiana with a number of branches in the area but small nonetheless. One of the girls I started with is also now a bank exec having gone to school at night while working as a teller during the day. I just wanted to let both you and Debi know that you both always add so much to this board and have learned a lot from your sage advice.

Oh my goodness thank you so much, you've just restored my faith in the great members like you on this site. icon_wink.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #982 of 1040

And did you look at the pictures on that web site? It's really odd to me that a wedding planning web site would have a picture of a dog cake and a guitar cake (neither one of them all that great looking) as samples of their cakes. Wouldn't you post, gee, I don't know, pictures of wedding cakes?

I was going to suggest that the OP might have used someone else's web site as her own to look legit., but it sounds from Debi's post like it actually could be the same person.

This whole thing really just pi$$es me off. This was an abuse of CC, and I don't think it is amusing at all. Lying is lying, and it's cheap.

indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #983 of 1040
Quote:

I got tired of always having to say the right things since my user name was tied to my business, so this way, I can say whatever I want.

I think most on here would agree with me when I say ......

Having my name tied to my biz doesn't stop me from saying whatever I want!

If you don't want to know my opinion, don't ask .... but even THAT wont' stop me! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #984 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

I believe CCer's have been duped. I found the "actual" cake that the OP posted. It's from Heidelberg cakes in Australia. Here's the link, http://www.heidelbergcakes.com.au/d399/6-tier-cake-with-sugar-roses. I had suspicions from the beginning.

Oh no. Now I'm sad. icon_cry.gif

And I really liked that MOG, too!

Me too! But, I guess we were all entertained over the weekend....when we really should have been spending time with our families!

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #985 of 1040

Oh, darn. Note to self: Next time I make up a good whopper of a story, just plausible enough to get us salivating, I should pretend my camera ran out of batteries.

Still, how obnoxious. This is why if something bad really does happen to me, I probably won't post about it. Case in point: we're watching my in-laws pets while they're out of the country until Dec. One cat liked to sit in the front yard, but she never, ever went anywhere else in over a year. One day she just up and disappeared. We were chatting with our neighbor when we mentioned the cat had vanished, and he said, "Oh my goodness! I saw this large eagle or hawk carry off something fluffy!" It is so gruesome to think the cat might have gotten eaten. I came close to posting about it in the Lounge when I was upset, but I didn't think a single person would believe me. (And I hope it's not true, too).

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #986 of 1040
Quote:

I better put a stop payment on that check I wrote to buy the Brooklyn Bridge!

No, Indy, you can't back out now! I can't afford it by myse-elf!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #987 of 1040

Wow, I'm really disappointed. I had all weekend to practice making a groundhog cake and I spent it here. I think she successfully kept us from all of our things that we had going on Easter, spending quality time with our families and such. Makes me really want to keep posting as much as I can so I can get away from the newbie stigma.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #988 of 1040

Why would we expect a wedding planning site to have cake pix at all? She's clearly a planner (and I do hope that is her site - dumb as it is to post it - and not another scammed bit) who wishes she was a cake decorator. Her planning business must be really slow that she has all this extra time to make up another reality and come here to post it. icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #989 of 1040

On second thought, I think a previous poster could be correct that someone is trying to cause Dixie Evans trouble. Geez...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:16pm
post #990 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is exactly the crap we're talking about. Be real or don't *be* at all. That's just a big load of crap.
You can say whatever you want...........don't expect any of us *real* members to listen to ya! thumbsdown.gif

Anyone else tired of these games?

If the person has something worthwhile and truly helpful to say, then I could care less. User OMG, I dig her...she's cool. It's when the others stir sh** up and cause drama is when I want to say "who the he** are you anyways??" It's borderline trollish behavior.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%