Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #931 of 1040

I hadn't thought of it in terms of legality, in that case maybe the thread should stay, so there would be some proof?

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #932 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I think it is time to ask Heath/Jackie to delete the entire thread, and also kick the OP off of CC, she doesn't deserve to be a member.

Anybody agree/disagree?

Completely AGREE!!

I second that!

When I think of the decorators who may have really needed assistance with real problems this weekend who couldn't even make the first page and have any hope of receiving help because of this drivel, my blood boils. icon_mad.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #933 of 1040

I still think the OP should write the last episode of....The Young and the Cakeless.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I was beginning to think I missed out on the "Cake Wreck to Cake Wonderful in ten days or less Class".

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #934 of 1040

Ya well, that sucks! I really don't like spending so much time reading one thread and then find out it was completely fabricated. What I can't figure out is what exactly would be the OP motive? What could she gain? Oh well, on to bigger and better things...

Oh, and Mel...you know we'll all be after you to find out who the "blind monkey" decorator is! lol jk

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #935 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Ya well, that sucks! I really don't like spending so much time reading one thread and then find out it was completely fabricated. What I can't figure out is what exactly would be the OP motive? What could she gain? Oh well, on to bigger and better things...

Oh, and Mel...you know we'll all be after you to find out who the "blind monkey" decorator is! lol jk

Attention...

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:21pm
post #936 of 1040

I agree Karema, I think the thread should be left up as an example. You will eventually get caught.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:23pm
post #937 of 1040

detective.gif
Let's see, really long thread, lots of drama, opinion of the masses vacillating from support of the the OP to suspicion...

It's OE all over again!

Let me know when Chocolate Man shows up! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:26pm
post #938 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Wow, did she really have nothing better to do than write a story, search the internet for some obscure Australian cake and photoshop it? Wow, OP, your life must be super boring to make up fake lives.

To who ever found the photograph, that is amazing! There are millions of cake photos on the internet and you came across it. Good job!

OK here comes my *cynical* side again............. icon_rolleyes.gif Can't help but notice you just joined yesterday and your signature line says *here for the drama*, not to mention your screen name *officerMorgan*.........so I'll be the one to ask cause I know the others are all wondering......

Are you the OP incognito?.............................. icon_cool.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:27pm
post #939 of 1040

Her business is probably fake too, so doubt any negative publicity would affect "her" at all.

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #940 of 1040

Those cakes are exactly the same--every single detail. So the OP photoshopped color onto a cake from the internet and made up the story?

Why in the world would you do that? Everybody in this forum is SO nice and helpful all the time--why would you exploit that? How WEIRD.

juleebug Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #941 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

detective.gif
Let's see, really long thread, lots of drama, opinion of the masses vacillating from support of the the OP to suspicion...

It's OE all over again!

I hope you'll excuse my ignorance but what is OE? And who is the Chocolate Man?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #942 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Wow, did she really have nothing better to do than write a story, search the internet for some obscure Australian cake and photoshop it? Wow, OP, your life must be super boring to make up fake lives.

To who ever found the photograph, that is amazing! There are millions of cake photos on the internet and you came across it. Good job!

OK here come my *cynical* side again............. icon_rolleyes.gif Can't help but notice you just joined yesterday and your signature line says *here for the drama*, not to mention your screen name *officerMorgan*.........so I'll be the one to ask cause I know the others are all wondering......

Are you the OP incognito?.............................. icon_cool.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Bwahahahahaha! Stranger things..... icon_cool.gif

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:29pm
post #943 of 1040

It's OE all over again!

Let me know when Chocolate Man shows up! icon_lol.gif[/quote]

whats OE, and whos the chocolate man?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #944 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

I believe CCer's have been duped. I found the "actual" cake that the OP posted. It's from Heidelberg cakes in Australia. Here's the link, http://www.heidelbergcakes.com.au/d399/6-tier-cake-with-sugar-roses. I had suspicions from the beginning.

Well I'll be damned........my suspicions proved correct again!! How the heck did you find that?

You definitely deserve the *Colombo* award for great detective work!

I bet we never hear back from the OP after this little development. She'll have to come up with a new screen name.

Great job MCC!!

Thanks! After the MOG story, I did a little Google detective work. icon_lol.gif

Congratulations MCC thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Great work! detective.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #945 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I just have to wonder, why bother making something like that up? What a weird hobby icon_razz.gif

Too bad, it was amusing anyway. At least we all got a little education on how check pullbacks work!

Agreed - I can't help but wonder WHY also...

Yes - it was an amusing romp for everyone - but what happens the next time someone needs help/support/advice. Instead of the warm comforting embrace of CC, they will be treated with cynicism and doubt.

Sad day....

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #946 of 1040

double post. Sorry

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #947 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirechic

It's OE all over again!

The post was "Officially Embarrassed" (ok, so my spelling is terrible!!!!)
and SOMEONE (Edna, you naughty girl!!!!) posted a photo of an absolutely beautiful man covered in melted chocolate!!!! Too yummy!!!!!

whats OE, and whos the chocolate man?[/quote]

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #948 of 1040

I'm with PattyT. That is why I do not post too much any more. It is not like it used to be!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:36pm
post #949 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

Okay - this has been bothering me since I saw the pic was posted by the OP.
Does anyone else think this looks like it has had the hue adjusted in PhotoShop?
Original Pic
Here it is in white:

icon_surprised.gif You gotta to be kidding. God dsevans, GET A LIFE! even the shadows are the same.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:38pm
post #950 of 1040

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif LOL! We're a bunch of Patsies!

We spent our entire weekend stalking this thread to get any morsel of gossip we could, only to find out we're being duped!

I can't help but laugh at myself!!

I think we're more irritated at the fact that we were so gullible and less so at the fact that the OP did a pretty good job of reeling us in- hook, line and sinker...here's the real kick in the teeth:

SHE'S THE BRIDE!! LOL! icon_lol.gif

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:39pm
post #951 of 1040

I'm not amused. A fake! But it was such a good story. I bet it's one of our husbands just trying to get our feathers ruffled. I know my hubby enjoyed my reaction to the op's story. I don't know if I'm gonna tell him it was a lie. He would just laugh at me.
Good work, detectives. icon_smile.gif.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #952 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

We spent our entire weekend stalking this thread to get any morsel of gossip we could, only to find out we're being duped!

I think we're more irritated at the fact that we were so gullible and less so at the fact that the OP did a pretty good job of reeling us in- hook, line and sinker...here's the real kick in the teeth:

SHE'S THE BRIDE!! LOL! icon_lol.gif

omg that would be nuts icon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:41pm
post #953 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

I believe CCer's have been duped. I found the "actual" cake that the OP posted. It's from Heidelberg cakes in Australia. Here's the link, http://www.heidelbergcakes.com.au/d399/6-tier-cake-with-sugar-roses. I had suspicions from the beginning.

Oh no. Now I'm sad. icon_cry.gif

And I really liked that MOG, too!

What!!! this story has a different twist now?? it's a hoax??!! OMG now I have to keep on reading icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I'm dissapointed if this is a hoax icon_sad.gif I wanted that bride to be taken to court!!!

taxlady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxlady1 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #954 of 1040

I asked around about OP business and no one in the area had heard of her. I guess we all spent alot of time cheering on a bigger looser than the so called bride.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #955 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I think it is time to ask Heath/Jackie to delete the entire thread, and also kick the OP off of CC, she doesn't deserve to be a member.

Anybody agree/disagree?

Completely AGREE!!

Why? It's just like someone "saying" they can bake, torte, fill, ice and decorate a cake in 3 hours. If we believe them then we're the ones that should have our heads checked.

You didn't lose anything but a few of your work days and sleep hours, but that was your choice. We weren't forced to stay glued to the computer trying to get the latest gossip, we chose to do so. Suck it up and accept the fact we got the wool pulled over our eyes. Don't make it a big dramatic event. We just now know we can't believe most of what the OP says anymore.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #956 of 1040

OMG!! This is hilarious. I'm sorry..i'm not mad..this is just too funny! And I was going to share this story with a lawyer/caterer friend.

PLEASE...PLEASE...DO NOT DELETE THIS POST! Please leave it up for the world to see. DSEVANS had a link to her site in SEARCY, ALABAMA..(if that is really her website..which it probably IS NOT).

Dang...whoever found the picture of the the real cake..BRAVO TO YOU!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #957 of 1040
Quote:

I can't help but laugh at myself!!...

Yep! me, too!

Y'all remember that Twilight Zone episode where the neighborhood started losing power and within minutes, all the neighbors had formed a big conspiracy theory about who was friend and foe.... man, we were sucked right into the Twilight Zone! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I better put a stop payment on that check I wrote to buy the Brooklyn Bridge!

Quote:

...here's the real kick in the teeth: SHE'S THE BRIDE!! LOL! icon_lol.gif

oh that would be too funny!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #958 of 1040
Quote:

That's what I was thinking too. I even told my family about it yesterday at dinner. Although I probably shouldn't say that since attention always gives these aholes exactly what they want.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:43pm
post #959 of 1040

I have to admit..I was glued to the thread as well.If it is a hoax...this person has too much time of their hands but at least it gave up food for thought....

Back to the real threads that make a difference!!

juleebug Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:44pm
post #960 of 1040

She's not the bride... there was no bride, there was no cake, no ogre MOB, no unsuspecting groom, and, the worst part, no MOG with a set of brass ones...

It appears OP is a fraud and a liar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%