Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:14pm
post #541 of 1040

Your cake is stunning. Flawless. Karma will deal with this woman and her mother!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #542 of 1040

I'm no lawyer, but my guess is that she will not go to jail for this. (Unless she has made a habit of doing deceitful, underhanded, and illegal things.) People have done much worse things and not served time. I'd like to see her have to make restitution, and pay damages and a stiff penalty. BIG bucks. She might understand that.
And no cake for her EVER.

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:25pm
post #543 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe3ts

Wow she got her's in the end. Ha I would so love to see a picture of her dropdead gorgous walmart cakes icon_twisted.gif . Your cake was absolutly beautiful and a steal at the price you had given her. She didn't deserve your beatuiful creation. I know the people at church will be more than happy and apprecative of all the time and hard work you put into this cake.

she didn't get "hers" yet... she will when her happy a** lands in jail and she has to pay court costs and restitution

I did me she will get hers in the end but as apparently my brain is moving faster than my fingers today lol.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #544 of 1040

For amusements sake here's what I imagine the reception ended up like:

Thanks ya'll for comin to my weddin. Walmart like totally saved my special day by coming through with cake after this horrendously awful baker REFUSED to deliver my cake today! I know! What a horrible woman! I even emailed her to triple check all the details, but for some reason she got some bug up her bum about money. Weddings are about LOVE ya'll!! But special shout out to Walmart that like totally rescued me. Oh, and pay no mind if it tastes a little cold...they said they had to go back into the freezer to find something at the last minute. And aren't the bunnies a nice touch seeing as it's Easter this weekend as well?

Again...my imaginative interpretation...don't flame me! icon_biggrin.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #545 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow she got her's in the end. Ha I would so love to see a picture of her dropdead gorgous walmart cakes icon_twisted.gif . Your cake was absolutly beautiful and a steal at the price you had given her. She didn't deserve your beatuiful creation. I know the people at church will be more than happy and apprecative of all the time and hard work you put into this cake.

she didn't get "hers" yet... she will when her happy a** lands in jail and she has to pay court costs and restitution

I did me she will get hers in the end but as apparently my brain is moving faster than my fingers today lol.

lol I have those days all the dang time

luvsfreebies72 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #546 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

For amusements sake here's what I imagine the reception ended up like:

Thanks ya'll for comin to my weddin. Walmart like totally saved my special day by coming through with cake after this horrendously awful baker REFUSED to deliver my cake today! I know! What a horrible woman! I even emailed her to triple check all the details, but for some reason she got some bug up her bum about money. Weddings are about LOVE ya'll!! But special shout out to Walmart that like totally rescued me. Oh, and pay no mind if it tastes a little cold...they said they had to go back into the freezer to find something at the last minute. And aren't the bunnies a nice touch seeing as it's Easter this weekend as well?

Again...my imaginative interpretation...don't flame me! icon_biggrin.gif

hee hee

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:15pm
post #547 of 1040

dsevans - where are you???? Please please PLEASE tell us what has happened! I simply cannot wait till monday. icon_cry.gif

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #548 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomfise

dsevans - where are you???? Please please PLEASE tell us what has happened! I simply cannot wait till monday. icon_cry.gif

I was just thinking the same thing. How come she's not glued to her computer like we are??? icon_lol.gif

cutthecake Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:21pm
post #549 of 1040

I think she's at her friend's wedding today. (The woman she made cake #2 for yesterday.)

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:21pm
post #550 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjskid

Quote:

I was just thinking the same thing. How come she's not glued to her computer like we are??? icon_lol.gif

She's at her friend's wedding today......remember she was finishing up the cake for that at home last night icon_smile.gif

bellatrixothersis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellatrixothersis Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #551 of 1040

"Just think if all her vendors used your bank, her wedding may have looked something like this:
*Her dress shop comes in and repossesing her dress....lol...
*The florist reclaiming their flowers.....and....
*The jilted organist would play Whatcha Gonna Do. "COPS theme song" as she walked down the isle in a borrowed slip, holding a weed the MOB picked for her, and eating her Walmart cake."

The I Love Lucy episode came to mind..when Lucy didn't pay the bills for the play for the womans club..the repossers were ripping the clothes off of her and Ethel...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #552 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

She's probably at her friends wedding.

Althought how in the world she can be off enjoying herself and relaxing with family and friends when she KNOWS we're all over here on pins and needles is TOTALLY beyond me! Geesh! SOME people are so inconsiderate!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #553 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:

Quote:

She's at her friend's wedding today......remember she was finishing up the cake for that at home last night icon_smile.gif

Boy do we all need to get a life icon_lol.gif, we're all still glued to the comp icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #554 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Quote:

Althought how in the world she can be off enjoying herself and relaxing with family and friends when she KNOWS we're all over here on pins and needles is TOTALLY beyond me! Geesh! SOME people are so inconsiderate!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ITA! I'm in favor of a road trip today. We could all go sit on her doorstep and wait for her to get back so we can get the rest of the story!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #555 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevans

...so bride does not call me back but MOB calls and is completely irrate and tells me " I cannot believe you are withhoding my daughters cake on the most important day of her life, how dare you, do you not have aheart" me"of course I have a heart, but i also have a mortgage payment and a kid to feed, I am sorry but I cannot allow someone to take advantage of me and try to get a cake without paying in full for it."

I went on to explain that there is still time for them to have their cake all they have to do is pay the venue rep the cash amount owed on the cake. MOB does not like this and says that it is ridiculous to have to pay $1100 for a wedding cake and that is why her daughter stopped payment on the check. I told MOB that for 350 people $1100 was not outrageous but cheaper than she would have gotten her cake anywhere else. ( this comes out to roughly 3.15 a serving and the cake is detailed and has tonns of sugarpaste flowers)

So after many explicits she says they will just take their deposit back and I can keep my F'N cake.

This is the part that REALLY gets me -- where the MOB says "it is ridiculous to have to pay $1100 for a wedding cake and "that" is why her daughter stopped payment on the check." Uh, HELLLOOOOO, she had like PLENTY of time to sign with someone else for a cheaper cake... tapedshut.gif Not to mention she SIGNED A CONTRACT and worked all the details out for THAT CAKE at THAT PRICE!! icon_evil.gifthumbsdown.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:33pm
post #556 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Damn, this should be interesting.

Cash only today, right?

Well Leah, I'd say after 37 pages of "And on goes the Cakes of Our Lives" that you had the understatement of the year!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #557 of 1040

ONE of the reasons she felt she could do this in the first place is all these people around her ready to mop up her messes! Just like the MOG offering to pay the difference in what she owed---right there is a perfect example of what I mean.

This is what is wrong with bridezillas in the first place. People putting them up on their little pedestals and treating them like queens. It's more than I can take.

My contracts say all payments due 14 business days before the date of the wedding, checks must be cleared by then through both banks, no refunds at all past that date.

These people just kill me. I hope someone choked on a flour ball from the crappy W-mart cakes too. icon_cool.gif

Just sayin'.

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm
post #558 of 1040

O.k. you guys..... I'm waiting for a very important email and my inbox is loaded with topic reply notifications!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #559 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0407

O.k. you guys..... I'm waiting for a very important email and my inbox is loaded with topic reply notifications!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

That's right, inquiring minds want to know!! icon_lol.gif

cutthecake Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #560 of 1040

"ONE of the reasons she felt she could do this in the first place is all these people around her ready to mop up her messes! Just like the MOG offering to pay the difference in what she owed---right there is a perfect example of what I mean.

This is what is wrong with bridezillas in the first place. People putting them up on their little pedestals and treating them like queens. It's more than I can take. "

I call this "Reality TV Syndrome"--rewarding really bad behavior. Sickening, isn't it?

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #561 of 1040

So, I had the laptop in bed with me and fell asleep reading this post last night...lol

I am really proud of the way you handled this whole ordeal. Mean people suck.

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm
post #562 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ITA! I'm in favor of a road trip today. We could all go sit on her doorstep and wait for her to get back so we can get the rest of the story!

I had forgotten about the second wedding, but still... I am trying to watch Sleepless in Seattle, but just have to check back here every few minutes to see if anything new has happened. (This is were someone is supposed to say 'Get a life!')
The road trip sounds like a great idea, I'm in, though it might take a while for me to get there. So just go ahead, i'll catch up with you.

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #563 of 1040

I got stiffed on a $35.00 birthday cake that a co-worker ordered, and I was furious! Can't even imagine spending all of that time and effort and having this happen. You should call the local newspaper & news stations and tell them this story! Bet they would love to hear about a bridezilla trying to rip people off. Hope your church enjoys the cake! (I would want to show up at the church and threaten to throw the top layer at the bride!) icon_smile.gif

Lamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lamcakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:11pm
post #564 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnick

I don't usually think this way, but part of me is dying to see an update saying that the Groom decided to call off the wedding over this as he didn't want to start married life with a lawsuit and having his name dragged through the mud because his wife wanted to commit fraud. At least his Mum is on side and I have a feeling she won't let the MOB and Bride get away with claiming to be the victim on the night!

I was thinking something similar -- when the preacher man gets to the part about "Does anyone know why these two should not be joined?" how on earth is the groom's mom going to stay still in her seat and not jump up and down saying "I do, I do!!" icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

And what about during the preachers little service and he starts to talk about "HONESTY" etc. To be that bride up there having to look her groom in the face after doing what she did. Im so with everyone here, I would love love love to be a fly on the wall, or on the bible during this time. LOL

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:11pm
post #565 of 1040
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had forgotten about the second wedding, but still... I am trying to watch Sleepless in Seattle, but just have to check back here every few minutes to see if anything new has happened. (This is were someone is supposed to say 'Get a life!')
The road trip sounds like a great idea, I'm in, though it might take a while for me to get there. So just go ahead, i'll catch up with you.

Sure, just an international flight away...LOL! Your funny, road trip from Copenhagen to Kansas, USA...HA! love it love it!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:16pm
post #566 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:

Quote:

Boy do we all need to get a life icon_lol.gif, we're all still glued to the comp icon_lol.gif

Especially those of us who just happen to be celebrating a Birthday today icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I hope you made your cheesecake Birthday cake icon_wink.gif

Lamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lamcakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:20pm
post #567 of 1040

Im waiting on the venue to call her to tell her what happened during the reception when the bride her her lovely walmart sheet cakes. And maybe what the groom had to say,,and the MOG to the bride,,,etc.

I dont remember who said it,,,but this is definately a better cliff hanger than Y & R's cliff hanger on friday. LOL

I am so sorry you had to go through this. I think you handled yourself wonderfully, big Kudo's to the venue, and to your bank for notifing you in the first place. Your cake is absolutely beautiful, and will be very much enjoyed, Im sure.
Now, finish your friends cake, and dont let this bring you down for your friends wedding. You know you are totally appreciated by us here on the forum, and your true friends and fans.

(((((HUGS)))))

Ok, now back to waiting to hear the final of this story. Or , the 2nd chapter anyway. LOL

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:24pm
post #568 of 1040

My husband is watching this on his computer as closely as I am on mine! He hasn't closed it out so he can go back and check it out every now and then!!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #569 of 1040

Come on Monday! I'm on the edge of my seat, every time I check back there are 4 more pages! What a B'otch. What goes around comes around!

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #570 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0407

That's right, inquiring minds want to know!! icon_lol.gif

My entire family is wishing we could have been at that wedding! I can't take all this waiting icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%