Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #271 of 1040

I can't believe some people,how can that bride be that way.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:29pm
post #272 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswendel

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when MOG has that discussion with her son!?!

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will PAY to be the fly on the wall! Pick me!! Pick me!! Pick meeeeeeeeeeeee!

As the mother of a yet to be married son, you can bet your sweet patootie that my mom-radar and mom-finger would be out in full force!!!

And as all the radio and tv psychologists have said .... this behavior isn't just showing up for the first time here, today. icon_rolleyes.gif There HAVE been clues along the way! I would hope my mom-radar would have at least an inkling of it!

But maybe that's why MOG was so nice .... to her, it may have been just "one more example" that makes her just give a "big sigh".

Thanksgivings should be a hoot!!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #273 of 1040

I just wanted to add my praise to the OP for the graciousness shown throughout this. It has been a soap opera for us, but she is living it. I hope you do take the time to take her to court for damages, and I also hope you choose to prosecute - at the very least make sure you get a police report on the issue. As horrible as that bridge has been (andI suspect the horrible MIL has a lot to do with pressuring the bride too) you have been entirely lovely. My hat is off to you.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #274 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

I just wanted to add my praise to the OP for the graciousness shown throughout this. It has been a soap opera for us, but she is living it. I hope you do take the time to take her to court for damages, and I also hope you choose to prosecute - at the very least make sure you get a police report on the issue. As horrible as that bridge has been (andI suspect the horrible MIL has a lot to do with pressuring the bride too) you have been entirely lovely. My hat is off to you.

Hear Hear!! thumbs_up.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #275 of 1040

hubby says if the prosecution hurries they can honey moon in Jail.. conjugal visits.. (wicked laff)

my reply " i bet she'll get a piece of cake there"

his reply with a scoff "yah, with a file in it"

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #276 of 1040

Oh it's so nice to see fairness & justice being done. YEAH!!!!!!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:41pm
post #277 of 1040

You guys know it's Friday where I am too, right? That I should be out in the kitchen caking and not reading a thread that is getting longer than I can even catch up to? Right? Yeesh, guys.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:42pm
post #278 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevans

venue rep decided it would not be appropriate to use my cake dummy for display, but did take brides $250 and buy a couple of wal mart sheet cakes ( which she says she will proudly display in walmart bakery box on the buffet...tacky i know but hilarious...

Groom's mother called to find out why the cake was late being delivered just about 20 minutes ago ( had it been paid for cake would have been delivered at 4:30...it's 5:10 )....I explained to her the situation....she was actually very nice...apparently no one had told her what was going on so she pulled my card and called.

She offered to pay the balance, and I told her that was very kind but there was no way I could load the cake and be there in time and after the huge ordeal from the bride and MOB I just honestly did not want to mess with it.... MOG said she understood, and she couldnt believe her son was marrying this kind of person. I also informed her that the bank had made the decision to prosecute this case as a fraud case after reviewing the contract therefore not only will bride have to pay me my money ( plus any fees incurred from it) but she will also be fined and most likely get jail time, though it could be suspended with community service.

I'm still catching up, but I had to say, this is awesome! Wal-Mart sheet cakes, still in boxes, FMIL knows what's up & just may spread the "gossip", and the bank is going after her a$$!

Love it. Love it. Love it!

I'm sorry you had to deal with all this bull$#!t, but bravo to how you handled it, and I'm glad you are getting some justice!

Looking forward to pics. icon_biggrin.gif

dsevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsevans Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:43pm
post #279 of 1040

hubby brought home camera...yay......here is a pic of the cake , it was a PAIN she found apic that she liked and wanted but instead of white she wanted pinks & lavender...oh and who ever posted the photo booth thing a while bakc...I love it...been usin mine alot lately.
LL

dsevans Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:44pm
post #280 of 1040

yes the cake is lavende and flowers light pink...I made all those damn things myself and patently piped in yellow centers as requested.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:46pm
post #281 of 1040

You did a beautiful job on that cake! thumbs_up.gif

dsevans Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:47pm
post #282 of 1040

and the bank is great, I knwo about 90% of the employess that work for that particular branch ( which is the main one) and so i typically at least once a month take them baskets of cookies and cupcakes and homemade bread, I do alot of business with them also though they get cookies and stuff for all of their"open house" events....

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #283 of 1040

absolutly beautiful cake.

You put a lot of special care and it shows and it is definitly worth every penny.

You are a class act thumbs_up.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #284 of 1040

Didn't get a chance to catch up on the thread but just wanted to say...That is seriously one beautiful cake!!!...Now back to catching up and seeing what happened!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #285 of 1040

Beautiful job. I can't even begin to know how many hours of labor you have tied up in this cake. That looks like a $2000.00 cake to me.

What is photo booth?

Ooocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ooocakes Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:50pm
post #286 of 1040

Your cake is beautiful. I am so sorry that this happened to you! I am originally from Searcy, AR so I hope it isn't anyone I know icon_sad.gif
Good for you for sticking to your contract and not letting them make you feel sorry for them.

Tortess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortess Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:50pm
post #287 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebea

i bet they will try to sue the OP for breech of contract

After reading about what the MOB had to say, this was my first thought.

People like this somehow don't see that they are to blame. I had someone removed from my home (who was staying with us temporarily) by the police because he had been stealing from us (I located my wedding rings in a pawn shop). I received a letter from him a few days later taking me to task for telling someone what he did.

I will be very surprised if MOB doesn't try to retrieve the loss from OP in some fashion.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #288 of 1040

You cake is absolutely beautiful! I am so sorry you had to deal with all this bs today, and thrilled the bank is stepping up!

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #289 of 1040

The cake is gorgeous and the flowers are perfect. I'm so sorry you put all that work into it for only half the price.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #290 of 1040

Ok I just finished reading all 19 pages of as the cake turns. I had to share the story with my husband who normally could care less about cakes. He was absolutely shocked. Anyway you did an awesome job on the cake. I applaud you for your handling of the situation as I would have been a basket case. Have an awesome weekend!!!!!!

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:56pm
post #291 of 1040

Wow what a post! I've been back and forth all day. OP - way to be strong. That is one big cake - But I am sure WalMart sheet cakes will come close - NOT!!! So goes Karma

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #292 of 1040

keep us posted on any further develpoments!! i wonder if they wedding went on or not?!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #293 of 1040

i can't believe i read 20 pgs in one sitting lol.. big hugs to the OP and a big but gentle pat on the back for a job well done- both with the cake and handling of the patient (heh)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm
post #294 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevans

and the bank is great, I knwo about 90% of the employess that work for that particular branch ( which is the main one) and so i typically at least once a month take them baskets of cookies and cupcakes and homemade bread, I do alot of business with them also though they get cookies and stuff for all of their"open house" events....

And it paid off!! The best PR you could have done, because look what you got in return ..... they returned the favor by calling you asap!!!

Next time you're in there, please tell them that I think they're all awesome (and I bet I dont' stand alone with that comment!) thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm
post #295 of 1040

You did an awesome job on that cake. I can just imagine the amount of time you spent making those flowers and I think your work is worth more than the $3.15/serving you charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

Beautiful job. I can't even begin to know how many hours of labor you have tied up in this cake. That looks like a $2000.00 cake to me.

What is photo booth?

It's a booth you would make to take your cake pics (optimal lighting and such, just like when you go to the photographer's and they have all the fabric draped behind you etc.)

There are several threads on the topic.

Here's just one:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625549-photo.html+booth

HTH!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:03pm
post #296 of 1040

Well, I finally made it through all pages too. I am so glad I've never had this kind of thing happen. If I ever do, God forbid, I hope I handle it the way you did dsevans. You are a class act and dealt with this situation with tact and dignity. Well done. **stands to feet and applauds**

Your wedding cake is gorgeous. I'd also love to see the cake you did for your friend. I'm sure it was equally lovely.

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:03pm
post #297 of 1040

Thank you for sharing your story with us. And as those who have posted before me have said...I'm really sorry you had to deal with this. I think we all fear having this situation happen.

I do hope you will update us as you deal with this inconsiderate bride through the legal system.

Good Luck!
Gayle
SE MI

taxlady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxlady1 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:05pm
post #298 of 1040

icon_biggrin.gif Oh so beautiful, not my choice of colors but you did give her a GREAT price. that MOB is something. I am glad you got to talk with the MOG at least she sounded normal. I hope people know the bride and her mother are not a true example of Arkansans.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #299 of 1040

What a beautiful cake. And it was a bargain at 1100. I am sorry that you lost money on it. You made her a beautiful cake worth far more than had she actually just paid the full amount. These scammers end up bitting off thier noses to spite their face. She ruined her own wedding day, I hope you have some satisfaction in that. This brides new Walmart Wedding Cake represent the her true self and her 350 guests get to witness it. I think it may be a case of what comes around goes around. I would send her a picture of the cake. Maybe the venue will take a pic of the Walmart cake for you, you could do a pic collage of both.

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #300 of 1040

The cake is gorgeous! You should send them a pic. I'm glad the bank is dealing with the legalities and it doesn't fall completely on you. That woman will definitely pay icon_lol.gif. Maybe the bank deserves a tier of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%