Ok Very Angry...stop Payment Day Of Wedding

Business By dsevans Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm by indydebi

CakeLadyM Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1021 of 1040

Can SOMEONE perhaps read my posting about 6 up and discuss that possiblity??

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1022 of 1040

chasebrad-that is good information. I was thinking that she is someone who is lonely and bored, who needed some excitement. And in her fantasy world, she is actually capable of making cakes.

carmenid Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1023 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

I believe CCer's have been duped. I found the "actual" cake that the OP posted. It's from Heidelberg cakes in Australia. Here's the link, http://www.heidelbergcakes.com.au/d399/6-tier-cake-with-sugar-roses. I had suspicions from the beginning.




You got to be kidding me!

So, no more "Cakes of our Lives"????

Lol!

solascakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1024 of 1040

I can't believe i've been feeling guilty cos i've not been on this thread enough as opposed to people who spent their whole weekend watching and waiting for updates.I'm so happy i didn't lose valuable time or anything,to be honest i did feel the story was a bit too sweet though,generating such publicity.

chelleb1974 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1025 of 1040

Holy cow - I go away from the thread and it went from 25 to 68 pages! On page 38 now, lol. You all are posting faster than I can read it, lol. Can't wait to get to page 68 (or maybe 75 by then, lol)!

sweetlayers Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1026 of 1040

Glad, I started reading this thread from page 65 instead of the beginning. This is hilarious... in a pathetic way...of course.

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:49pm
post #1027 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsevans

Oh and THANKS for all the support!!! It's been kinda a crummy day because I really worked hard on the cake, i took pics but of course I left my camera at the kitchen ( I dont actually have a store, just a commercial/lisc. kitchen I work from) so either I will have hubby stop by and pic it up or post pics tomorrow!




cakeladyM...........she clearly states here that she took pics but of course left her camera at the kitchen.

So she is CLAIMING that the picture she posted is of the cake she made at her licensed kitchen.

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1028 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeLadyM

[b]Original poster said (posting where she shows cake wanted):[hubby brought home camera...yay......here is a pic of the cake , it was a PAIN she found apic that she liked and wanted but instead of white she wanted pinks & lavender...oh and who ever posted the photo booth thing a while bakc...I love it...been usin mine alot lately./b]"

She said "she found a pic of the cake she WANTED---not that she is claiming this particular image for her own artisanship. However---she could have given credit (should have, rather) for the cake to the Australian bakery upon posting that picture.

Also---she may have photoshopped the picture in order to give the bride the "idea" of what her cake would look like with those colors.

Just trying to give benefit here... icon_cool.gif




She also said she found the camera. Why would it be on her camera?

cutthecake Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1029 of 1040

I couldn't get to the library last week, and I really wanted to read something interesting. Boy, I sure found it!
It was like a game of Clue; or one of those 80's murder mystery parties, where you had to attend in costume. A real whodunnit. No murder, though. (Not yet anyhow.)
I don't know anything about the legal issues; and it was an odd thing to do. But I was thoroughly entertained by it!
Someone at some point noticed that the OP was lurking on the site...we all provided abundant ideas for him or her to run with!
Good detective work by those of you who cracked the case!

cakesbycathy Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1030 of 1040

In all fairness to those who started reading this thread but haven't had a chance to catch up yet, maybe the thread should be locked, rather than deleted?

julzs71 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1031 of 1040

uhm....COULD YOU ALL STOP RESPONDING TO OFFICER MORGAN....she/he is obviously part of the scam. Ignore and she will have no reason to respond.
I do think we all did get sucked into this crazy thread though. I think we should just continue with that.
When did you all realize we were duped?

solascakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1032 of 1040

Ok i probably need it SPELT OUT FOR ME.Was the post a fake or she just used a fake picture and all the wedding drama actually happened,has she commented on this new development yet,on what page.

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1033 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelykaye

OfficerMorgan- I'm not trying to say you are wrong for what you did. I agree with you and I also agree with dkelly.

I think in your case you did the right thing. I think some other people have multiple accounts just for the drama.

No disrespect meant.




Yes that's my point too. Ya know over the past 8 months I really feel like I've made some great *cake* friends here. We may not always agree with each other, but over time we've gotten to know eachother's personalities pretty well.

It's comforting to be able to go to these people for advice and to vent about family as well as cakes.

It hurts a little when you think you know someone and then POOF they're gone or they're someone else, and then you don't even know who you're talking to anymore, or if you can trust what they say.

I guess I'm old fashioned and this is the part of the internet that I don't enjoy.

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1034 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

uhm....COULD YOU ALL STOP RESPONDING TO OFFICER MORGAN....she/he is obviously part of the scam. Ignore and she will have no reason to respond.
I do think we all did get sucked into this crazy thread though. I think we should just continue with that.
When did you all realize we were duped?




Again, no reason to be a hater.

Ruth0209 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1035 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeLadyM

Can SOMEONE perhaps read my posting about 6 up and discuss that possiblity??




Sorry, no. She said her husband brought home her camera and she posted her pic. Besides, why would she post the example picture the bride gave her? A real decorator would want us to see her work, not the example.

Ironbaker Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1036 of 1040

Poor chelleb1974. icon_lol.gif

I feel bad for anyone finding this thread today. A few hours they won't get back...

Quote:
Quote:

uhm....COULD YOU ALL STOP RESPONDING TO OFFICER MORGAN....she/he is obviously part of the scam. Ignore and she will have no reason to respond.
I do think we all did get sucked into this crazy thread though. I think we should just continue with that.
When did you all realize we were duped?




Where in the world did you come up with that conclusion??? She is not affiliated with the story. eta: or did I miss something somewhere?

niccicola Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1037 of 1040

Didn't she originally say she made a 7 tier cake...

and then she posts a picture of a 6 tier cake...

man, i feel stupid for not catching that one sooner icon_mad.gif

indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1038 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Ya know over the past 8 months I really feel like I've made some great *cake* friends here. We may not always agree with each other, but over time we've gotten to know eachother's personalities pretty well.


Absolutely!!! I think you and I disagree about 25% of the time, but I still luv ya and TOTALLY respect ya! (misguided that you may be 25% of the time! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

aligotmatt Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:01pm
post #1039 of 1040

Okay, I know this all a scam and everything, but I wanted to add something about delivery...

I deliver 5 tier cakes fully stacked and decorated 30 minutes to an hour away all wedding season, so I didn't see that as a flag at all. In May, June, Sept, and Oct I'm doing 4-8 cakes a weekend, there is no spare time to stack and finish decorating on site.

I know there was no real cake to deliver, I'm just sayin...

indydebi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1040 of 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccicola

Didn't she originally say she made a 7 tier cake...

and then she posts a picture of a 6 tier cake...


Page 1, post 1 says "6 tier".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%