Alans Sugar Cookie Recipe???

Decorating By Cookies4kids Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 12:31pm by fiddlesticks

Cookies4kids Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:23am
post #1 of 9

I misplaced a recipe that I really liked and it was simply called Alans Sugar Cookie recipe. It was very simple with just a small amount of baking powder or soda in it. For the life of me, I don't remember where I found it, but I was so sure it was from the GSA Alan. If is was from you, Alan, would you mind repeating it here.
Thanks so much.

8 replies
Susie53 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:41am
post #3 of 9

The recipe is at the bottom of the page...should have mentioned that in my first post...sorry! icon_redface.gif

Cookies4kids Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the answer and yes that is the recipe. I don't think it would work too well for cookie bouquets as it was a tad crumbly for me, but it really tasted good. I like it for the little 8 loop flower cutter as it wants to dome a little in the center, so when the fondant goes on top it looks really nice. I fill in each loop with a brightly colored chocolate covered sunflower seed and they really were cute.
Thanks again and that cake in your avatar is stunning.

Susie53 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks so much, it's the top tier to my Wilton Course 3 cake. Your cookies sound really cute! icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 9

About how many cookies can you get from this recipe ?

Cookies4kids Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #7 of 9

Fiddle, I used a 2" cutter and I think it was about 30 or so. This is a little wetter dough and I think it would benefit from being rolled on a floured board rather than on parchment like I do the NFSC. I really do like the taste so see what you think.

Cookies4kids Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:50am
post #8 of 9

Forgot to mention that this dough held it's shape like a dream for me whether it was chilled or baked at room temperature. Thanks Alan.

fiddlesticks Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks, I will keep the recipe so I can give it a try next time I want to play cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%