Thawing Cake Truffles - Help, Please?

Decorating By dlinnane Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm by dlinnane

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 3

Here's a question for those with experience freezing cake truffles: I had to do a bunch ahead of time, already dipped in Ghirardelli white and milk chocolate coatings. They are in a plastic container in my freezer, with wax paper in between layers. If they are defrosted in the fridge for a day or two, will they dry out okay when I finally bring them to room temperature? What's the best way to do this? They need to be individually bagged, and I really don't want them sticking to the bags! TIA

2 replies
dettdunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dettdunn Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #2 of 3

I have taken mine directly out of the freezer to serving without any issues; have put in the refrig after freezing without any issues. I usually place my truffles in individual mini cupcake papers. Hope this helps!

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks. I think you've been lucky! When I take them out of the freezer to room temperature, they get condensation all over them. I'm hoping someone has a trick up her (or his) sleeve, like double-bagging or something while they're in the refrigerator, that will allow me to have dry ones once they're thawed. Maybe it's our humidity, but they just don't do well once they've been cooled down. Makes it hard to do them in advance!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%