Acd Magazine! If You Subscribe Please Read.

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 9:39pm by LisaR64

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:31am
post #31 of 41

tootie0809 where is the report as a good post button at? Like that idea!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #32 of 41

It just takes a really long time. For instance, I subscribed to Mailbox News the day after Christmas -- and I still haven't gotten my first issue.

That's what happened with ACD though... and I get them regularly now. They are just a small company and when they get behind, boy do they get behind. =o)

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #33 of 41

Well I heard back from them:

Dear Patricia Hegler,

We received your order on March 12, 2009. It takes approximately 8-10 weeks to start receiving your magazines. Your subscription will start with the April/may 2009 issue and expire with the February/march 2010 issue.

Thank you for subscribing to American Cake Decorating.

Sincerely,

Cindy Joseph
Email Customer Service

The only problem is I paid the 2nd of March and the confirmation said the next issue out would be March/April. Maybe it was an error in their system, I don't know but hopefully I will get it soon. I am just a "when I want it I want it now" type of person so I am not very patient. I would love to buy it off the shelf if I knew where a shelf was that has it!

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #34 of 41

So I sent this topic on to ACD.... I am a subscriber of BOTH mags and have been for almosta year... that means I have gotten TWO ! So here is my email back and I'll let you know if I get any useful info other than.... were just slow/behind.
Sara,
Thank you for taking the time to send this information to me. I am no longer the publisher of ACD or MBN (I do still sell advertising), so I am passing this onto Craig (the editor) and the magazine owner for their review.
The magazines are experiencing some challenges, and need to hear feedback like this.

Thanks again.

Susan Griffith
American Cake Decorating Magazine
Mailbox News Magazine
www.americancakedecorating.com
www.mailbox-news.com

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:33pm
post #35 of 41

I subscribed to ACD in November - I've been wanting to do it for a long time and finally just took the plunge. I finally got my first issue (Feb/Mar) the last week of March. I'll see what happens with the next issue ...

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:49pm
post #36 of 41

It would be sooooo fabulous to start a CC magazine. I bet you we could clean up. thumbs_up.gif

Journalism person here who'd love to work for you! *waves* Yoo hoo! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, I wonder ...

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:05pm
post #37 of 41

I was seriously considering a subscription but after seeing this thread , I think not.
My local cake supplier carries it ( I guess when they can get it) . I will just pay news stand price probably cheaper than the price of dissapointment.

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:38pm
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Hey Jackie and Heath, how about a new venture into the magazine business!

I think you two along with many, many incredible people here on CC could come up with one heck fo a fantastic cake decorating magazine that would be up to our expectations and then some that could kick bootay over what else is out there. ***hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*** icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Cake Central...The Magazine. LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #39 of 41

As usual I am so Happy I found this site, now I know why my new subscription hasn't arrived that I ordered in March.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:25pm
post #40 of 41

I ordered this magazine back around Christmas and have only received one issue. I understand it is not a monthly and I can live with that, but I was extremely disappointed with the content or lack thereof.

I too think Cake Central should launch a magazine. A big fat one, like Cosmo or Style, but without all the ads. (Some ads would be okay, we need to know about new toys.) Basically all they would have to do is take this website and print it. It would be cool too to have some of the greats like Sharon of Sugar Shack, IndyDebi and Edna write a column...I could go on and on.

Please Jackie and Heath? I know you are busy planning your wedding and all, but we really need this! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:39pm
post #41 of 41

The magazine as definitely been doing this kind of thing for years and years. Maybe if enough people complain to the Better Business Bureau things would improve.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%