Acd Magazine! If You Subscribe Please Read.

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 9:39pm by LisaR64

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 41

I subscribed to the magazine a month (or so) ago and haven't received anything. I know it isn't monthly but does anyone know if a new issue is out of when it will be out. I am really getting irritated this is not a cheap magazine.

40 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 41

Everyone has been complaining that it is late...

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 41

Be prepared to wait MONTHS on end. I subscribed in November and didn't get my first issue until the end of March. They really are not a good company. I don't care how NICE others say the publisher/owner is, they still have no clue as to how to publish or run a magazine company. After my subscription is done I will not be renewing.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 41

ditto

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 41

ditto, ditto

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 41

triple ditto! icon_wink.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 41

I just got mine, and there's a letter from the editor that apologizes for the lateness. They were moving offices or something so everything was delayed this month.

I laughed when I read it, and I told my kids that they probably put that letter in because they've been reading the complaints on CC and knew that they'd better explain!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #8 of 41

I ordered a subscription in November too - to both of the mags advertised on the site. I got a copy of one of them (not the main one = ACD) sometime in Feb. I have received nothing since. That's one mag in 6 months. Not sure when my subscription will be set to expire, given that I haven't received anything else?

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #9 of 41

Tracy, I'm still waiting for the March/April - guess I won't be using any of the Easter ideas for Sunday!

patticakesnc Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:06am
post #10 of 41

Well I have sent a message to customer service. I am pretty upset with them. I have told them that many of the cake decorators that I know are upset as well and do not plan to renew due to the shipping problems. I am hoping that I get some type of response and they will send out the magazines. If some people got them this in March I would like to know why I didn't. It said that the next issue was the March/April issue when I ordered....but nothing....
I will dispute my charges if they don't respond asap.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #11 of 41

I just received March/April a week or week amd a half ago. I have beem a subscriber a long time. I have not had quite as much trouble as you. Keep giving them a phone call. I lke ACD and MBN. Iti is the only two american cake magazines we have. I do wish there were more emphasis placed on buttercream.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #12 of 41

So you got a March/April issue? Interesting... As I mentioned, I haven't seen a thing since something came in Feb??

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #13 of 41

Don't forget, Tracey, it needs birth certificates and passports to get over the border!

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #14 of 41

I had subscribed to them for a couple years and I too got tired of the wait.When I renewed last year I needed a certain issue that was very important and I didn't get it.I wrote to them complaining and after that I was just so sick and tired of it I said NO MORE after this year is up..

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #15 of 41

I subscribed in December (Christmas gift to me!), and received my 1st issue (Feb/March) about a week and a half ago...................and it only had 56 pages..............very thin.................I won't be renewing either!!!!!!!!!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #16 of 41

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who has been having problems with the delivery of ACD and the amount of the content as well. I paid for two years of this magazine and I also feel like I got ripped off.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #17 of 41

I've subscribed for years and can't tell you the number of times issues have just not arrived. When I finally complain, again, they don't have any extras to send out so the subscription is extended. Their service is beyond awful, but I don't know of another magazine to replace it with. I've heard all the excuses. I do live in Mexico, that can be a problem. BUT, every other magazine I subscribe to, has arrived in a timely manner, every one. You just have to decide if it's worth the annoyance.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #18 of 41

I made a cake for a friend on a fixed income for Thanksgiving. I also made dinner rolls and a breadbasket for her as a gift and thankful we met. She in turn has given me a subscription to ACD. It has been so embarassing! She keeps asking me to bring her the magazine by to take a look at what she got me. (I know it is an excuse for me to visit). She gave me a gift she truly thought that I would use and enjoy. I do not know how to tell her I still have not recieved the subscription and bought the copy I have at a store. I wished she would have saved her money.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #19 of 41

DH got me a subcription to both as a gift in January. I received my first issue of ACD about two weeks ago (not long after an e-mail to complain to them.) From what you're saying, looks like I may have to keep up the complaints to keep getting my issues. icon_mad.gif

Actually, there's a place on their Web site where you can report a missing issue. That's what I did. If we keep inundating them with those, maybe they'll get it ...

It's too bad, because I rather liked the magazine. (Wish it was bigger, but as a newspaper person whose newspaper keeps shrinking ... well, I do get it.)

In the little free e-mail newsletters you can sign up for, I believe it said the next Mailbox News would mail out April 10. Here's hoping.

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #20 of 41

I emailed them last month wanting to know what the holdup was and the only response I got was it's in the mail. No explaination, no apology for the delay. I agree when my subscription is up no renewal for me.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #21 of 41

I got mine about 2 weeks ago and I decided long ago I'm not renewing. I've been quite disappointed overall and I find the instructions/tutorials to be quite old fashioned and not for me. The one issue I did enjoy was the latest issue with Nicholas Lodge's cakes in it but that's not enough to keep me as a customer. I'm sure there are a lot of happy subscribers but I just don't really get much out of it.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #22 of 41

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with both the ACD and MBN magazines. I have subscribed to them both for a couple of years now and hadn't gotten an issue since Jan. That was the Christmas issue and I got it after Christmas. I didn't get the Mar/Apr issue of MBN and when I complained they extended my subscribtion instead of sending me the issue. I got the ACD magazine way late and wasn't very impressed with it either. So ya, I'm pretty po'd with them and their service right now.
I wish there was another cake decorating magazine available I'd switch in a heartbeat.

CakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBaker Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #23 of 41

I've heard the staff was cut way, way back because of budget issues with the parent company who owns the magazine. Try to be patient -- it's not like you're writing to Better Homes and Gardens or something. Imagine your cake customer standing at the door of your bakery pounding on it while you finish the cake. ACD is a nice magazine and we want it to continue.

patticakesnc Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:16am
post #24 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBaker

I've heard the staff was cut way, way back because of budget issues with the parent company who owns the magazine. Try to be patient -- it's not like you're writing to Better Homes and Gardens or something. Imagine your cake customer standing at the door of your bakery pounding on it while you finish the cake. ACD is a nice magazine and we want it to continue.

Yes but I wouldn't take a customers money and then not give them the product. I have no idea as far as the size of the company or what. I just heard people talk of the magazine on here and it was the only one I could find to order so I did. I don't know if they are a company of 10,000 or 10. All I know is that I paid and really really want my first issue so i have something other than Wilton to get ideas from.

MaraCarter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaraCarter Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:23am
post #25 of 41

I subscribed to it as a present for my sister's birthday a few years ago. I was disappointed in how long it took too. I think she began to think I was lying to her. Her birthday was September and she didnt get it until March. But they had cashed my check in September!!
Which is a bummer, there arent very many "Cake Magazines" out there to subscribe to. I wish they would fix the problem.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:29am
post #26 of 41

I too had nothing but problems with this company. Needless to say I never renewed my subscription, they are a TERRIBLE company, I don't know how they stay in business!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #27 of 41

They have been operating like this for years and I'm sorry to see nothing has changed.

Right after I joined CC I subscribed to ACD, and it took months to get the first issue, and that wasn't even the current issue. Seemed to me like every month they had some excuse for the issue being late.

I also felt like the whole magazine had become more advertisement than information and photographs, so I finally cancelled my subscription...even that wasn't easy. I must have have called/emailed them four or five times before then finally stopped the mag.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBaker

The economy is definitely hitting the publishing world. I was a faithful subscriber to Country Home and was informed that my last issue would be the FINAL issue as the economy has forced them to discontinue publication, at least for now. Their website is still active.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #29 of 41

So what can be done ...I wish we could do something icon_cry.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:54am
post #30 of 41

Hey Jackie and Heath, how about a new venture into the magazine business!

I think you two along with many, many incredible people here on CC could come up with one heck fo a fantastic cake decorating magazine that would be up to our expectations and then some that could kick bootay over what else is out there. ***hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*** icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%