Hmmmm........what To Do?????

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 12:18am by cupcakesnbuttercream

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone!!!! I just got a call from my husbands coworker, he wants to surprise his wife with a cake shaped like a camera....on TUESDAY(which is the same day as my 2yr old's b-day). Two questions: 1) How should i assemble the cake to get the camera shape? 2) How much should i charge?

Additional info: although it is the same day as my son's b-day, we will be celebrating his b-day this weekend....and i will be making his cake of course!

He didn't specify which camera to recreate, so i will be using one of my own as inspiration....it is a sony cybershot.

If anyone has any input...please share!!!! Thanks!!!

6 replies
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 7

Anybody?

springlakecake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 7

If it were ME and they didn't specify the kind, I would probably make one with the lens part that sticks out. Whaddayacallit....You could maybe make that part out of rice crispies. I have seen a lot of great camera cakes on the internet (either here or on flickr). You might find one you like and pm the decorator for advice.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

If it were ME and they didn't specify the kind, I would probably make one with the lens part that sticks out. Whaddayacallit....You could maybe make that part out of rice crispies. I have seen a lot of great camera cakes on the internet (either here or on flickr). You might find one you like and pm the decorator for advice.

Thanks for you advice!!! Yea, i did a search and saw alot of nice cakes also, they were mostly nikon/canon(the ones the 'pros' use).I wanted to do something a little different and make a simple digital camera replica.....one like she has.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 7

Does anyone have suggestions about pricing? I know you probably get tired of the "pricing" questions....but it would help if i could get an estimate or opinions.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:03am
post #6 of 7

Since alot of the things i do require more art work then what I would consider "decorating" When I do something unusual I charge a per serving price then add a art fee to it. Maybe this would work for you. Determine an aditional fee based on how long you think it will take you .

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

Since alot of the things i do require more art work then what I would consider "decorating" When I do something unusual I charge a per serving price then add a art fee to it. Maybe this would work for you. Determine an aditional fee based on how long you think it will take you .

Thank you so much.....that's very good advice since it will be time consuming in carving the shape & adding alot of small 'accents', like the buttons,viewfinder,lens,etc....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%