I'm Positive Sharon Is A Robot!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm by sugarshack

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 18

I just made a gift box following her Boxes and Bows instructional DVD (which is great!). She makes it look so stinking simple! She had me thinking "Heck, yeah, I can do that!" ... she MUST be a robot, concocted by the government to ultimately crush our enemies with beautifully-buttercreamed towers of cake! No human could possibly pull that together that easily!
Here is my version of a gift box, not nearly as artistically done ... but then again, I'm not a superior being icon_wink.gif.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1344370&done=1

17 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 18

HAHA!

Well if I am a robot then you are an android cuz that cake ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #3 of 18

icon_eek.gif I'm convinced BOTH of you are 'other-worldly' beings............'cause I could never do a gift box that nice!!!!!!!!
You both ROCK!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

sugarshack Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:20am
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin40

icon_eek.gif I'm convinced BOTH of you are 'other-worldly' beings............'cause I could never do a gift box that nice!!!!!!!!
You both ROCK!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Oh yes you could! And can! Never sell yourself short! Go for it!

emiyeric Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:44am
post #5 of 18

Well, I gotta say, those DVDs are stinking great! icon_smile.gif Smartin40, you should see her go! Like I said, everything looks easy icon_smile.gif.

Thanks for the encouraging words, but I think I'm going to leave my next gift box for when I have LOTS of time to cut and recut and re-recut. And then ... well, maybe recut some more icon_smile.gif.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:58am
post #6 of 18

icon_lol.gif Ha ha ha. icon_lol.gif I had to click just because the title of this thread cracked me up! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #7 of 18

I had a class with Sharon recently and you're right -- she is "out of this world!" icon_lol.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:24am
post #8 of 18

I guess it's about time for me to order her videos, cause that cake looks so wonderful. Not only that the flavors of the cake is making me hungry!!!! icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 18

Heehee, cakeandpartygirl, I'm kind of hungry now, too, come to think of it. I'm working on a peanut butter-chocolate cake right now, and fortunately for me, while I love both ingredients by themselves, I'm not a huge fan of the combination, because let me tell you, that peanut butter buttercream is crazy yummy! icon_smile.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:52am
post #10 of 18

Fantastic job! Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

Faerieluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faerieluna Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #11 of 18

Emiyeric, your cake is beautiful!! If my first (or even third) cake comes out as well as yours did I'll be a very happy caker.

I have ordered Sharon's boxes and bows DVD. I can't wait to get it!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:35am
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I had a class with Sharon recently and you're right -- she is "out of this world!" icon_lol.gif

I over heard she is from a world that doesn't have pasta machines... icon_wink.gif

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:09pm
post #13 of 18

I just ordered her Boxes and Bows DVD and I can't wait. She is truly a gifted person and many kudos to her for sharing her talent.

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #14 of 18

Hi Sharon.......
Are you Laniapping? Can we get some more of your extra goodies in your upcoming DVD's.

I love the DVD's and you do make it easy to assemble and do. I am eager to do a gift box, etc..
I am working on a cake at the moment (took a little coffee break), that I am using the cutters you sell for the design on this cake.This cake is a simple one, but so far, it's turning out pretty with the colors..
I will post a pic when it's all finished.

Just wanted to tell you thanks for the instructions you do. Can't wait to hopefully get a topsy turvy DVD from you........if you do one.
Have a great day......

Cables4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cables4fun Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #15 of 18

I have all of Miss Sharon's DVDs and they are all worth any amount of money!! She is my IDOL!! You cannot go wrong with her direction and she is as lovely as her cakes!! I have not gathered the courage yet to make a giftbox cake but I am working on it!!

Great day to all!!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:52pm
post #16 of 18

I just got Sharon's Buttercream video, but haven't had a chance to watch/practice yet. Unfortunately, work (my real job) has me travelling for the next 3 weeks! icon_cry.gif It'll have to wait.

And emiyeric, that cake is AWESOME!!!!

sugarshack Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #17 of 18

Thank you all so very much!
You make me blush!

Yes, we got lagniappes in all our DVDs and the new one too!

And dont be scraed of gift cakes! Just jump in; they are easier than you think!

You can do it!!

sugarshack Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I over heard she is from a world that doesn't have pasta machines... icon_wink.gif

At least not electric ones!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%