What To Take On Wedding Cake Delivery??

Decorating By Jewelsx19 Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm by bebea

Jewelsx19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewelsx19 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

So I am making and delivering my first wedding cake this saturday, its a 2 tier stacked cake covered in fondant with ribbon around it and daisies. Pretty simple cake.

So what should I take along for supplies incase I need to do touch ups?

3 replies
RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

I would take extra daisies and some extra ribbon, but in terms of touch ups on a fondant covered cake, there really isn't a whole lot that can be done in the touch ups arena. You could take some BC and a spatula for filling/smoothing in any cracks.

Fondant cakes tend to travel really well!! Not like those pesky BC cakes!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 4

I just get a ziplock bag and drop everything I've used to decorate into it as I'm finishing up with the cake. (Bags of icing, extra tips, etc.) Also bring a couple of paper towels and a spatula in case something shift and you the tools. Bring some extra flowers in case you need them, but you probably won't as long as you hve them with you icon_razz.gif

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 4

i have never delivered a tiered wedding cake - but for birthday cakes, i take small portions of everything i use to decorate. my mom, when she did cakes, took small portions of everything for her wedding cakes in a lunch box cooler. better safe than sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%