Walmart Cake

Decorating By m1m Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 3:03am by Vylette

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 4

After reading all the comments about sending cheap customers to Walmart to buy a cake, I'm wondering...are they really that awful?
I've never eaten a Walmart cake before. I'm almost tempted to go buy one!

I actually like Kroger's cake with whipped cream icing.

3 replies
clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:16am
post #2 of 4

I think Costco cakes taste pretty good - in a Hungry Howies kind of way....remember in college - Hungry Howies at 2am...nothing better! And for a random kid's party at the bowling alley that mom started planning two days ago (and there's nothing at all WRONG with that), it's great. If you have a theme that took any imagination whatsoever, an event that's special in any way, or want something made with quality ingredients and any real personality, Costco or Walmart just can't do that.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

I've had cake from a lot of commercial/grocery store bakeries from all over the country.

I have to say - yeah they are that bad. I think they taste gross, are dry, lack flavor, character and personality. The icings are usually too sweet and have a weird flavor and texture. The decor is obviously not going to be all that great since the decorators are not really able to spend much time and effort on a cake. Thank GOD I know how to cook and bake! That means I don't have to eat craptacular cake icon_biggrin.gif

I've also been accused of being a food snob. I'm ok with that. Life is too short to eat crappy food.

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #4 of 4

yeah, the last one I tasted was at a party and while it was semi moist-ish, it was bland with no depth of flavor =( and that sure takes all the fun out of eating cake lol

Im sure they arent all bad tho...there have got to be better stores than others Id think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%