When Are You No Longer A Civilian

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 5:12am by xstitcher

Alaskahsm Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 11

I know a lot of you tease about cake civilians, but I'd like to know the opinions : When are you officially no longer a civilian?

10 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #2 of 11

What's a cake civilian?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 11

For me, it's when they've done a few cakes and have the "eureka" moment when they realize it's not easy and it isn't cheap.

indydebi Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #4 of 11

You might be a Cake Civilian if .....

You buy cakes, but don't make them.

You think "it's just cake".

You think they come out of the oven all decorated.

You think a 6 tier wedding cake is baked the morning of the wedding.

You understand that a 3-tier, fondant covered, 2 flavor cake covered with gumpaste flowers weddign cake is expensive ... but thinks a 3-tier, fondant covered, 2 flavor cake covered with gumpaste flowers birthday cake shouldn't cost more than twenty bucks .... "Because it's JUST a birthday cake!"

You will leave a loaf of bread on your counter for days and days, but won't eat a cake because it's not fresh anymore since it's more than 4 hours old.

You think all cakes are $14.95 because that's what walmart sells them for.

YOu're not a cake civilian when you can read this list and laugh because you know people who believe all of these things!

(Dang! I should write this stuff down! This is a good one! icon_lol.gif )

playingwithsugar Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:54am
post #5 of 11

Debi -

You should write all your ___Zilla stories down. Of course, the library would put it in the fiction section, because, after all, it's just cake, right? They'd never believe them. But don't worry - we do.

Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:57am
post #6 of 11

that IS a good one Debi. And yes, I know people who fit into all those categories. some of them are in my DH's family icon_rolleyes.gif

Vylette Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:59am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

You understand that a 3-tier, fondant covered, 2 flavor cake covered with gumpaste flowers weddign cake is expensive ... but thinks a 3-tier, fondant covered, 2 flavor cake covered with gumpaste flowers birthday cake shouldn't cost more than twenty bucks .... "Because it's JUST a birthday cake!"

love that LOL
except in my case it was "just a baby shower cake" icon_rolleyes.gif

txsteph Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:16am
post #8 of 11

I love these! I am pretty new to CC and to decorating cakes in general. But I love it & have learned so much from CC so far. Now I have made cakes for my nieces & nephews for birthdays, I get a phone call from my Mom .. she says .. So, what kind of cake are you making me for my birthday? I am now officially the family baker ... oh well Lots of practice will come from it.

Alaskahsm Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:51am
post #9 of 11

Well it feels good to know that I am no longer a civilian icon_smile.gif

Don't forget to add to the list

You pronounce fondant "fondent"

MissBaritone Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:05am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskahsm

Well it feels good to know that I am no longer a civilian icon_smile.gif

Don't forget to add to the list

You pronounce fondant "fondent"

However this rule does not apply in the UK where fondant is pronounced fondent

xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:12am
post #11 of 11

What Debi said! icon_lol.gif

So when are you going to start compiling all of your witty comments Debi. Can I pre-order now????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%