Tips For Cooking 11X15 Sheet Cake?

Decorating By JudyDP Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm by Mme_K

JudyDP Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I am going to bake a 11" x 15" sheet cake to stack and carve. I'm going to use the Durable Cake for 3D batter or possibly the Super Enchanced Cake Formula. Could someone please tell me how to cook this so the batter will get done in the middle....temp or other tips? I have even had a hard time with the WASC in a smaller round pan getting done. When tested, it appeared to be done. After letting it rest...when I turned it out, it wasn't done...batter everwhere! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2 replies
Rcrewof10 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 3

No expert here but what I would do.....

use the bake even strips around the edge, use a greased flour nail in the middle of the cake. bake at 325.

when using a toothpick to see if it's done make sure you touch the toothpick to see if any batter is on your finger. I have many times pulled the toothpick out and it looked clean but actually there was raw batter on it. It will take a long time to cook depending on your oven.

Mme_K Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with Rcrewof10 about the lower temperature and bake even strips. I've used a couple of flower nails in larger cakes, rather than just the one. They really seemed to help with even baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%