Wedding Wire Makes Me Crazy!!!!

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm by indydebi

bakery_chick Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 5

I just received a "lead" on I hope some of you others have better luck on that website because I am beginning to think it is a joke. The majority of leads that I get I have to turn down. This one today wanted a fondant cake for 200 people for $250.00. Seriously. icon_confused.gif

Delivery alone to their location would be $200, and for fondant cakes my prices start at $6/person. That's $1400.

I have NEVER gotten an email back from the client to any of the leads that I have sent out.
Does anyone out there actually get viable leads from this place??? I would seriously like to know.

4 replies
indydebi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 5

The good thing about Wedding Wire (and most lead sites) is you can pick and choose which ones you follow up on. A cake to serve 200 for $250 is nuts and I'd be hitting the big delete key.

I THINK wedding wire is the one that you can say why you're declining the order and your comments go to the bride. If you're interested in educating the bride, you can respond with something like "The average cost for a fondant cake for 200 would be in excess of $500 minimum. Budgeted price is not realistic." I've done this ... not sure if it's wedding wire, but I want the bride to know how out of touch she's being. icon_twisted.gif

KoryAK Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 5

In all fairness, it's not WeddingWire, it's unreasonable brides that are making you crazy icon_smile.gif It's not like WW has ads telling them to lowball you or what they should expect to pay.

bakery_chick Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

Fair enough, Kory.
Just to let you know I did write in my decline response what my price would be for the cake. I do like the "Budgeted price is unrealistic" phrase. I am going to have to add that to my repertoire.

indydebi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 5

I like how wedding wire lets brides put reviews on there. This is what helped me get one of their first Bride's Choice Awards! icon_biggrin.gif And they are VERY good about letting you respond to inaccurate reviews and I had a fake one on there that they pulled right away. Wedding Wire is definitely a high quality site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%