Who Wants To Have A Cake Competition In Indiana?

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 11:42pm by indydebi

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 49

Hey there,
Would anyone be interested in having a cake competition in Indianapolis? There aren't many around and I think it would be neat. It would also be a great way for CC members to meet face to face.
We could just make it for CC members or we could open it up to other people and spectators.
Just curious!!

48 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 49

Sounds fun! We should have some sort of meet up anyways. Indianapolis is only two hours away from me. Would be a nice little road trip. thumbs_up.gif

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 49

I'd be willing! Details, Please!!

kyoung24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyoung24 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 49

I'm all for it!

cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 49

LOL! I'm more than willing to plan it -- along with the help of any other CC members who want to help. But I just want to make sure that people are INTERESTED, before I go putting something together! So as of right now, there are no details. But I would really LOVE to make it happen!!

So just stay tuned and let's see if we can get more people interested! Maybe IndyDebi could be a judge or do demonstrations, or who knows what! She's that cool!!

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 49

I'm from Dayton..Can I come too?! I also do chocolates for my business, and have been wanting to plan a REAL chocolate festival here in Dayton, and have a cake competition as well during the event.
When I saw where a chocolate festival was being held at the Montgomery Fairgrounds about four years ago, I was just thrilled. When we went, it was nothing but people with tables set selling garage sale type junk, with brownies or some sort of candy buried in among the stuff. Same with the chocolate festival in Washington KY......
I would love to help somehow. It would be so much fun to do this! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 49

Brownie -- If we do it, anyone can come! The more, the merrier!! I think it's awesome that someone from Ohio is interested.

P.S. -- I used to live in Miamisburg.

Brownie1954 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 49

YAY!!! When it's time. let me know what I can do!

I had my shop in Miamisburg. I just love it there. If I can find someone around here who is SERIOUS about cake decorating, I am thinking about going to another shop. This time around, the building won't be 189 years old! (I am serious!) Utilities there were unreal!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #9 of 49

I would join in if at all possible. I have employees that might also.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #10 of 49

Oh I am SO in!! Let me know what you need.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #11 of 49

Count me in!!!! Did you have a time/place in mind?

scnix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scnix Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #12 of 49

I would do it. I am not as good as you guys but it would be a great experience.

NanaFixIt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaFixIt Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:48am
post #13 of 49

I am way too new and amateur to enter a contest, but I'd be more than willing to help out with the planning and/or logistics...in exchange for the chance to participate in the competition (and meet IndyDebi)!
Please - let me know how I can help with the details!!

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:55am
post #14 of 49

that would be so much fun! thumbs_up.gif

anellos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anellos Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #15 of 49

I would come! I am a lurker and a cake amatuer, but I would be there to learn and meet other cake NERDS. *That's what hubby calls me*

I am in NW Indiana and my van can haul 8 cakers!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:44pm
post #16 of 49

I'm ready, willing and waiting ....... will help.

cylstrial Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #17 of 49

Awesome! It sounds like lots of people are interested. I'll start calling around to see if I can find a place to have it.

Stay tuned!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #18 of 49

Count me in!!!

it's not quite Indy, but we have a fairly large community hall that I would offer. (they rent it out for parties and weddings).
Stonegate subdivision of Zionsville (at exit 130 off I-65)

cylstrial Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:19pm
post #19 of 49

Jen -- that sounds great! I have a friend who works for this guy who owns property all over the US. He leases them out to people. I was hoping that he would have a spot open in Indy that we could get relatively cheap (because of my friend). But I haven't heard back from her yet.

Do you want to call and see how much they would charge us for the community hall in Zionsville? If you give me the phone number, I'm happy to call, if you don't want to.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:05pm
post #20 of 49

cylstrial, I'll PM you with the particulars...
but this is it:
http://www.stonegatezionsville.com/gathering.html

cylstrial Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:07pm
post #21 of 49

Wow -- that is gorgeous! It would be really neat to have it there! I'm waiting to hear what they have to say!!

keith1025 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keith1025 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #22 of 49

keep me informed! sounds fun

cylstrial Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 7:28pm
post #23 of 49

Does anybody else know of any community hall type of places in Indy or any of the surrounding areas? Zionsville, Castleton, Greenwood, Fishers?

And what type of thing do we want to make this? A weekend competition? Or just a day for CC'ers to meet and compare cakes and learn?

If we have to pay a lot of money to rent a place, it seems like we're going to have to open it up to the public so that we can raise enough money to pay for the location.

goldenangel88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenangel88 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:48am
post #24 of 49

I just saw this post and would like to help or attend also. You can email me at the address below

[email protected]

goldenangel88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenangel88 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:49am
post #25 of 49

I just saw this post and would like to help or attend also. You can email me at the address below

[email protected]

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:05pm
post #26 of 49

Since the original post, I haven't seen anything else posted as to whether or not this is getting off the ground. I am looking into getting a cake competition set up at the Baum Opera House in Miamisburg. It would be a really neat place to do it, and would be central for folks in areas all around to attend.
I don't want to step on anyone's toes that are trying to plan this in Indiana, but if an answer doesn't surface soon, I am going to go ahead with my plans.

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:06pm
post #27 of 49

Since the original post, I haven't seen anything else posted as to whether or not this is getting off the ground. I am looking into getting a cake competition set up at the Baum Opera House in Miamisburg. It would be a really neat place to do it, and would be central for folks in areas all around to attend.
I don't want to step on anyone's toes that are trying to plan this in Indiana, but if an answer doesn't surface soon, I am going to go ahead with my plans.

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #28 of 49

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:23pm
post #29 of 49

I would LOVE to attend, and willing to help!

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:24pm
post #30 of 49

I would LOVE to attend, and willing to help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%