I'm Having Withdrawls

Decorating By Alaskahsm Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 4:36am by tiffanyp23

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 16

I haven;t made a cake since last Friday and I am sitting here thinking I really want to make a cake, but I have no reason to. I don't think my hubby would be happy if I just decided to make one just because. What do you all do when you start going through with drawls?

15 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 16

Sit in front of the laptop and surf CC till my hearts content! icon_lol.gif

pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 16

i make one under the excuse of "practice" so when husband askes well you dont want me to mess up the one somebody pays for right so i need to practice now icon_biggrin.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 16

get yourself some cake dummies and go crazy!
icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 16

Just make the cake anyway! Cut the recipe in half or something and just have fun!

Try a new recipe! That way he can't gripe!

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblez87

i make one under the excuse of "practice" so when husband askes well you dont want me to mess up the one somebody pays for right so i need to practice now icon_biggrin.gif

Gosh and I thought I was the only one that goes thru withdrawal icon_redface.gif .
But, I have found that "it's just practice" comes in very handy. Plus, the relatives are always calling to see if there's cake being made, so it's not going to waste!

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #7 of 16

i make either a cake or cupcakes, then send them with my husband to the guys he works with - they love it! i get to play and make someone happy at the same time. as a matter of fact, i made a mess of cupcakes today for him to take to work tomorrow, along with a cross cake that my kids just left with as a 'happy' for their church group!

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #8 of 16

The funny thing is I probably could make a cake. Last night I agreed to a 2/1 cake to pie ratio. For every two cakes I make I make him one pie icon_smile.gif

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #9 of 16

Oh man am I having cake withdrawal. My last cake was April 3rd and have gone cold turky or in my case cold oven. My oven died icon_cry.gif then my mixer fallowed. So for now I have to satisfy my addiction here on CC icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by swe3ts

Oh man am I having cake withdrawal. My last cake was April 3rd and have gone cold turky or in my case cold oven. My oven died icon_cry.gif then my mixer fallowed. So for now I have to satisfy my addiction here on CC icon_lol.gif

You think there's a conspiracy going on in your kitchen!!! icon_biggrin.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by swe3ts

woa!! what the heck is going on in your kitchen?

When I am going through cake withdrawls i make a cake icon_biggrin.gif which will probably be in a few minutes. I want to perfect my White Chocolate cake for an order coming up

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #12 of 16

I keep telling my hubby its the grimlins that broke my oven and mixer. I know there was a post on CC about them once you know there the ones that steal the tip you really need or the color you know you had and basicly wreck havoc whenever they can. Well they just better stay out of my fridge.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #13 of 16

those lil' bas***ds icon_lol.gif

oh, in my house they're called my toddler icon_lol.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #14 of 16

Wow! I'm with you guys. Right now, all of my baking stuff is in crates in the middle of the ocean! I'm sitting here, no job, no furniture, waiting for it to be time to move! I'm going NUTS! I spend all day on CC thinking... oohh.. wanna try that one... and that one!!

icon_cry.gif

xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #15 of 16

vstar, where you moving from/to?

I didn't know about gremlin's and hear I've been blaming my poor wee kids icon_lol.gif !

tiffanyp23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanyp23 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:36am
post #16 of 16

I just made my first cake for my FIL's b-day and have been itching to do another, but didn't have a reason to, so my hubby says go get the stuff to make one and just give it to somebody. He's super supportive of my new addiction and doesn't complain when I spend hours on CC. I love this site!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%