How To Jazz Up The Boring Cake Combination?

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 6:36pm by whisperingmadcow

Pebbles1727 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,
I'm just full of questions this moring. Can anyone help me to jazz up white cake/white filling combo, please? It seems everyone keeps asking for the same flavors...white cake with regular buttercream filling, and noone wants to try anything different. So, this past weekend I decided to put some miniture chocolate chips in the filling, not much, just for something different, yet it was still white, and guess what?.... everyone loved it, so now everyone is asking for that! Good grief!!! I'm just thinking if I can figure out how to alter things just a bit and create some new "regular" white/white combo, that may seem like I'm not doing the same thing over and over again. Any suggestions? Got anything that will be a little different, yet the same? icon_lol.gif

4 replies
Ironbaker Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 5

For white/white combos only?

Crushed oreos in the filling.

Strawberry or raspberry filling added to the buttercream for filling. (Some good recipes on this site) Or a lemon curd mixed in. or even a jam mixed with some buttercream for a filling.

Toffee pieces.

Flavor with liquors - baileys, amaretto, rum, etc. (flavor the icing or the cake part) Some people use the coffee creamers.

Nutella.

Add lemon or orange zest to the cake batter.

Pebbles1727 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks a bunch.... jam or toffee pieces... That sounds like I can make both of those pretty subtle yet it will not be just plain white!
Thanks again, P

whisperingmadcow Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Hey Luvsfreebies, is that all from that Gourmat Flavors string? I have been meaning to read it, but can't seem to muster the courage. If so, thanks for the shorten version!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%