So Nervous... Inspection Tomorrow

Business By pinkpiggie78 Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 2:55am by pinkpiggie78

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 27

I looked through the inspection threads on here, but I am still nervous for my inspection tomorrow!! The inspector said it isn't a big deal, but I am a wreck! I can't believe this is finally happening!!!

26 replies
luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 27

good luck!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 27

I know exactly how you are feeling, as I type this, I am waiting for my inspector to arrive. I feel like I want to throw up. I will let you know how it goes. icon_rolleyes.gif

mommicakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 27

me again, just wanted to tell you that it really isn't as bad as you think. i finished w/inspector a little bit ago. was much easier. now, i have a massive headache, all that stress has gone, and nervous energy has to go somewhere, maybe i'll make a cake. icon_surprised.gif

You will do just fine. I'm pulling for you, Good Luck!!!
thumbs_up.gif GOOD JU-JU coming at ya!!!! thumbs_up.gif

donna

pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 27

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I didn't have time to check back yesterday as I was running around like a nut. I am now sitting here waiting for the inspector. I should do some work (at my part-time job that I work from home) but I can't concentrate!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 27

So what did you have to do to prepare for your inspection?? What did the inspector hope to see??

pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 27

Well I can answer that if she ever gets here... I keep pacing. I asked her if there was anything I needed to prepare or "have on hand" and she said no. I just spent the week deep cleaning everything...

klhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klhayes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:56pm
post #8 of 27

Good luck you'll be fine. thumbs_up.gif

pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:01pm
post #9 of 27

She just called to tell me she is running a little late... I wish I could show up at a business meeting an hour late...

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 27

Is your inspector from the state or from the local HD?? I ask because IN will hopefully allow home-based baking soon!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 27

good luck! It shouldn't be all that bad. If you keep the place clean and organized to begin with and then just a deep clean, you will be fine. Most ispectors are your friends and will help you work to get things in the right. I know as I sit her and type this, I know I get nervous anyway. I hate being at the shop during inspection much alone if it was my place. Sending ((hug)) and tylenol.

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:35pm
post #12 of 27

I know how you feel! I just moved locations a month ago. I was renting a kitchen from a local bbq place and when they doubled my rent we put the wheels in motion to put a working kitchen on our house. They're here siding today! Yeah! My number must have came up in the lottery, they work today!(from Money Pit) Anyway, I had the same inspector from the HD that inspected me at my other location. And I was a wreck. My kitchen looked like ****! In my opinion. but he was here to make sure items were labeled correctly, stored properly, water temps were good, fridge temp was good. And I had the strips to test my water/bleach level. Anyway, it went just fine. Think of them as an ally, not an enemy. They are a wealth of knowledge and are a great source of help. That's how I feel about my inspector anyway. Good luck to you!
Michelle

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #13 of 27

I just wanted to wish you luck. thumbs_up.gif Youll do fine. What kind of part time job do you do at home? I want to find something to do cause I have a 1 year old And I want my cake biz open now but theres a lot of things that need to happen first. I am so bored through the day when he is napping forever. Anyway just curious.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #14 of 27

I test software at home for the company I worked for "pre-baby"... the money I make at that job allowed me to start the part-time cake stuff. It's over and I spent WAY too much time worrying about it. FAT GIRL CAKES can officially start selling stuff!

mommicakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #15 of 27

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

See now doesn't that feel better.

Can't wait to see the website when you get to that part.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

donna

jlynnw Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 9:56pm
post #16 of 27

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! party.gif I am so happy for you! May you be blessed with prosperity and happiness on the opening of your shop!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:08pm
post #17 of 27

Congratulations!!!! Yeah!!!!

pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:11pm
post #18 of 27

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support!

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #19 of 27

CONGRADS! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

soccermom17 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:35pm
post #20 of 27

congratulations! way to go! fat girl cakes is official.
by the way, i love virginia! i use to live in chesapeake and
still have family there and virginia beach!
sell lots of cakes!
michelle

pinkpiggie78 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #21 of 27

Thanks. I like it here. You are welcome to stop by anytime!

I am actually surprised no one commented on the name.... that's usually the first thing folks do when they see/hear the name. My business cards have mt title as owner/operator/fat girl

jlynnw Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:56pm
post #22 of 27

Be happy with yourself and your bakery. Fat Daddio has made it big so why not Fat Girl? I hope it is not a poor body image thing you got going on but just a successful bakery in the making! Can't wait to hear more about it! I especially like the tag line - Dessert just can't be thin! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

pinkpiggie78 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #23 of 27

I have struggled with my body weight my whole life... and at this point, I am married, have a wonderful little boy, and a great husband. I have learned to accept my body and well I like cake. So I decided to celebrate it... and figure the name won't be forgotten!

soccermom17 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #24 of 27

good for you! I wish I had your point of view. I go back and forth on that acceptance thing. Why is it can accept other people and them us, but oh no! We have such a hard time accepting ourselves or liking ourselves! Thanks for the therapy session. Anyway, when will your site be up and running? Right now when I click on the www at the bottom of your post it takes me to go daddy? I would love to see your site. I'm going to check out your pics!

pinkpiggie78 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #25 of 27

I sometimes wish I was thinner... but oh well. The site should be up and running by Monday. It's all together, just need to get it online. It goes to godaddy because I bought the URL there...

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #26 of 27

Congratulations!
I hope I will be following in your footsteps soon (including passing, lol)!
This is post-baby for me too.
Diane (another plump and happy cake loving gal)

pinkpiggie78 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:55am
post #27 of 27

The website is up... in case anyone is interested. Just remember that I am just a beginner!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%