Has Anyone Made This Disney Castle

Decorating By shellycakes123 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm by shellycakes123

shellycakes123 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering how much work, cake boxes, buttercream is involved...I have no idea what to charge???
LL

3 replies
clovely Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 4

It would depend on how big you need it to be. On the castles I made, the towers were paper towel tubes! icon_surprised.gif If that's the look they want, you really just have to figure out the sizes of those two square layers that will work for them. I've done three castles and they were a LOT of work! The first two I did together for sisters and they were huge - took several days! The problem with charging, if they've got this one in mind, is that they could be comparing your quote with what they could get the plastic one for at Publix or Walmart and not appreciate the difference.

Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 4

I have made this castle kit several times.The kit alone is about $15.00 to buy on Ebay or Decopac so I would make sure you include that in the cost of the cake.I use 3 -8 inch square cakes which feeds about 30 people.I charge $150.00 when I do this cake.30 servings x $5.00 per serving which is my 3D cake price.I may add a bit in for the kit as well which I always forget to do.I make my own papertowel towers as those shown are only plastic layons that fit onto the corner of the cake but it really is a silly design.I don't even use them.I make and cover papertowel rolls and use the top tower piece.Cut the corners off and glue the towers in place with icing.Fit the tops on again with icing so they don't fall off and set the princesess on top and the picture frame on the top centre.It really is quite cute when it is done!There is a few in my photos...

shellycakes123 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 4

They wont got o a bakery because iof a nut allergy...they def. want this KIT used. so im guessing I should charge about 125....it looks like just 2 square cakes...and the rest is with the kit....i will pipe on the trees etc...

IM trying to stay within reason since im just starting out...I want to build up WOM clients...KWIM?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%