Cake Funk

Decorating By littlewoman Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 5:36am by xstitcher

littlewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlewoman Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:36am
post #1 of 6

I don't know what is wrong with me....I use to be an avid decorater, loved the challenge, the ideas and learning new things. But the last few cakes I have decorated have been a chore...I am not enjoying it the way I use to. No excitement....am I alone or does anyone else ever get into a funk....

5 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:01am
post #2 of 6

I still love it but lately I haven't wanted to do them either. I always have to do them late at night after the kids go to bed (between watching the kiddies, homeschooling them, cooking and cleaning I never have time during the day) and I'm almost always beat. I keep telling my hubby if I had the opportunity to do this outside the house on a part time basis I might enjoy it more. At least that way I don't have to pull everything out from it's hiding places (my 1 year old loves pulling everything out of the kitchen cupboards icon_lol.gif ) and then put it all away again after I wash and dry each piece. Either that or I have to wait until there a little older so I can do them during the day icon_lol.gif

You might want to take a small break from them and then get back to it. You may just be burned out.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:04am
post #3 of 6

I hear ya on the 1 yr old xstitcher... I have a 16 month old that makes it almost impossible to do any work during the day. by the time he goes to bed, I just want to veg on the couch most of the time

xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:16am
post #4 of 6

Luvsfreebies, my little guy is about the same age as yours and he is a little busy body into anything and everything. You don't know how many barriers I have in the house (especially for the poor dogs food area - he's always putting there food into their water icon_lol.gif ) but he always finds a way thru. I have to have the kitchen chairs hidden away until we use them because whenever I'm not looking he uses them to climb onto the middle of the table (I had the same issue with my 5 year old when he was his age). My DD (who just turned 3 a few weeks ago) got a hold of my DH twine that he uses for his bagpipes and ran around the living room and kitchen with it. She had it wound around everything! Even the handles (several times I might add) on the cupboards, around the sofa, thru the handle of the fridge icon_lol.gif . I couldn't even get mad at her because I was picturing her just running around with it. This was all done while I was changing her brother's nappy!!!

Who has the time or energy to decorate cakes! icon_lol.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:23am
post #5 of 6

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

boy, do I feel your pain

my little guy somehow opened the multi-pack of viva paper towels.. unrolled 2 rolls all over the living room.. then while I was cleaning that up he went into one of my supply drawers and grabbed everything out... then while I was cleaning THAT up, he grabbed his "pup" (cup), took swigs of his "unk" (milk) and let them fall out of his mouth to watch it puddle on the floor at his feet....

he's asleep, god love him icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:36am
post #6 of 6

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

I can just picture him doing it too. I've had sooo many similar instances with all of them. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%