Strange Order . . .need Help With A Mushroom?!

Business By itzjstmoi Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 12:21am by becky27

itzjstmoi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 8

Got a very strange request today . . . they want a "physcadelic mushroom with a caterpillar smoking a pipe". Like Alice in Wonderland . . . What the? My question is . . . hot to make a mushroom cake . . . so that it will stand up . . . like, do you put dowels in the stem & cardboard under the round top part & just stack? Help much appreciated . . .

7 replies
kansaswolf Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 8

Perhaps make a tall stand for the stem, cover the stand with fondant and then make only the top part out of cake...

pattycakesnj Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 8

check out my fairy toadstool cake, it can be made like a mushroom. I used the wilton wondermold pan

weirkd Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 8

Are you making pot brownies for them also? lol Sorry, couldnt help myself! I swear, people with their strange requests. I had a bride that wanted beer bottles all over her cake because that was the only thing that she could think of that they had in common. They met at a bar, and drink. Sounds like their headed for AA and divorce court!!!

lindambc Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #5 of 8

I don't know how big you need it but I made one by using the Wilton giant cupcake pan and I turned the bottom part upside down.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Good Luck

patticakesnc Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #6 of 8

Ok are they the same people who requested a pot leaf from someone today?????

This is to coincidental in one day...

janelwaters Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:10am
post #7 of 8

I was just wondering the same thing!! What is it - illegal drug tuesday??

becky27 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:21am
post #8 of 8

well 420 is coming up....are all of these request for April 20th? if so that is the answer!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%