Your Mission..should You Choose To Accept It...

Lounge By SugarLover2 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 6:53pm by SugarLover2

SugarLover2 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 7

Mwaahahhhaaaa!!

Forgive my rolling around in laughter. My mom called today to tell me that she got a debit card. Fun right?! Yeah, it's for her child support account. Ok, great. Now, considering I'm 30, my sister is 29, my dad owed $60,000 when he died over a year ago-where in the world do they expect her to use it? He's dead!

We didn't have a great relationship with my dad due to his abusiveness so this is actually a laughing matter because he never paid and never cared. We gave up a long time ago on getting anything. Why now do they care whether we get anything? There is nothing to get!

So...the mission...I need to write up a letter to send to them with the debit card. Wisea$$ letter to be exact. Oh, the debit card is really pretty with purple flowers too-how sweet!

6 replies
peg818 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 7

First i would check and see if maybe its attached to an account that holds some of your late fathers estate. There must be a bank listed or DSS could check it out for your mother.

SugarLover2 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, he did have a bank account. My aunt took care of that for my sister and I. It had less than $1 in. He was disabled and the only money he had to live on was the disability. They were divorced in 1987 so really, any monies he had left would be left to my sister and I. There really is none.

SweetSweetCreations Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 7

You should really check it and hang on to the card. There maybe some long lost relative that has an estate that went to your father. You never know.

SweetSweetCreations Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #5 of 7

You should really check it and hang on to the card. There maybe some long lost relative that has an estate that went to your father. You never know.

sarahpierce Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 7

And to think, I've only been waiting 4 years to see any child support icon_rolleyes.gif . Of course when he doesn't show up for court again tomorrow they will finally issue a warrent for his arrest. I've had that pretty little card in my wallet forever just waiting to get used. I did use it once though. And they don't usually send it to you until there is money on it.

SugarLover2 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 7

Hmmm, I told her to try it, but considering he's been gone over a year and had nothing I can't see there being anything in there. I mean nothing-not even one little tiny piece of anything to hold onto. I asked my family (he lived 13 hours from me) if there was anything they could grab for me and my sister and they said he had absolutely nothing. Sad. But, it is the life he chose.

I hope your court date goes well. It's terrible the way they don't help the parents with the kids. I know they threw him in jail a couple times and as soon as he handed over a $5 bill they let him go scott free. I do hope it's better for you.

Yeah, long lost relatives, that would be nice. Unfortunately all his relatives are just as poor as he was. I know the whole situation sounds really crappy, but we dealt with it a long time ago and learned to laugh. Now, we crack up about it because it's certainly better than crying.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%