How Would I Make This Color?

Decorating By nickshalfpint Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm by DDiva

nickshalfpint Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 6

What would you suggest I do to get this color? It's a different kinda blue and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it! Pregnancy is really affecting my brain icon_cry.gif I want to make my husband a beer can cake for his 30th birthday and this is his favorite beer! I think I'm gonna cut the letters out of fondant or gumpaste. Any suggestins for any part of the cake would be GREATLY appriciated, TIA, Kristen

5 replies
BakingGirl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 6

Ok, I will try. What about Americolor Electric blue toned down with a bit of Americolor Navy?

BakingGirl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 6

Or Sky Blue with Navy.

sweet_teeth Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 6

Royal blue will get you that color. I used wilton's before and although I was trying to get a royal.. I ended up with that color.

You could also spray it w/ some the luster spray that comes in the can. It would give it that nice 'wet' look from the condensation.

ChristaPaloma Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 6

I would use Royal Blue for the darker areas and the aqua blue for the lighter with a light touch of royal blue mixed in to deepen the aqua.

DDiva Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 6

Just a suggestion:
If you have paint store or home improvement store in your area, take the color swatch (or can) to the paint department and ask them to put it in their color analyzer....just as they would if you were buying paint. I've never had anyone refuse. Be prepared to write down the formula they give (they can't print it out). Paint colors start with a white base, just like icing color. They'll tell you exactly what colors are in that color (assuming that you'll start with a white base). You may have to tweak it a bit, but it will save an enormous amount of time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%