Gumpaste Or Fondant Loop Bow

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 1:41am by fiddlesticks

sugarcheryl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 9

I know we have a tutorial on it but I do not know how come my doesn't come out full. If you look down on it you can see the icing and the gaps. What am I doing wrong? Here is a cake dummy I did. It looks nice from the front but if you go by the sides or top it doesn't look like how everybody else does on cc. I would let you see the picture but I do not know how to upload.

8 replies
Justbeck101 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 9

Did you do some loops of different sizes? some wide, some half as wide? then use the half as wide ones to fill in the gaps.

cakesbytanya Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 9

How are you drying them? Are you putting tissue in between to keep the shape?

weirkd Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 9

I tend to take my loops and put them at different angles. So some of them my be horizontal and some up and down.

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 9

Are you laying them in different directions ?

Misdawn Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 9

I agree with Justbeck....I make about three different widths when I make my bows. Also, I narrow the ends so that they in fit together more tightly.

sugarcheryl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #7 of 9

I did put them different angles. I did not know to make the different width. Maybe I may them to thick or didn't pinch the ends narrow enough. I thought they where all suppose to be the same size. The drying part I got I hang them but I just can't fit them close together where there are no gaps.

Justbeck101 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #8 of 9

Have you read the tutorial?

It has great instructions.

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:41am
post #9 of 9

Sugarshacks new dvd Boxes and Bows is great. She shows some awesome bows!

Quote by @%username% on %date%