Quilting Wheel And Petal Dust Kits

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 8:28pm by xstitcher

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 15

2 questions for anyone out there who might know...

1. Need a good quilting wheel. Here is all I can find:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=17413

Is this a good one? Are there metal ones? I have one from Wilton that looks like the one I linked to above, and it hangs up on the fondant/gumpaste and does not rotate well...I don't trust it! icon_sad.gif. So if the one above is basically like the one I already have.......urgh!

2. Found a set of 48 CK petal dusts on the "crafty sugar" people website. $120. Good deal? No way am I buying dusts one by one. I want them all, and want them all at one time. Should I look somewhere else? Different brand anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance everyone!

14 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 15

I think you posted the wrong link?

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 15

HA! Yes...I did, correcting it now! Thanks!

ngfcake Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 15

Hi!

I use one metal wheel, it is used when transfering a pattern to fabric (I don't know its name in English icon_redface.gif ) It works great!

__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 15

Duh!!! I swear I am soooo dense sometimes. I mean seriously, I was just in Joann's last week and I saw those, as I was looking for a sewing ruler. Even thought to myself...uh, self, you should buy that! Geeeez, thank you for the reminder ngf! Sheesh...sometimes my brain amazes me.

ngfcake Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #7 of 15

You're welcome! thumbs_up.gif (haha, the same happens to me too!)

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:08am
post #8 of 15

If you're talking about the yellow PME wheel that has a quilting end and a dresden too end--I love it and it'one of my favorite tool of all.

As for the 48 CK petal dusts for $120 from sug ar craft. I don't think it's a great deal. That's $2.50/pot. You can get them directly from CK cheaper because they sell them for $2.70/pot, but you get 10% off orders over $100 (and probably a lot better customer service).

My personal choice for ALL dusts is europeancakegallery.us Their petal dust is only $1.90/pot and they're a great group of people. Check out this link (it's an alternate site run by European Cake Gallery in Crowley, TX):
http://www.thesugarart.com/c-67-petal-dust.aspx

Another option is fondantsource.com at $1.99/pot. They used to offer cheap shipping for a lot of pots in one shipping envelope. Nice company, too.

HTH
Rae

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #9 of 15

Thanks Blakes! I'll do more math before I order. Honestly, I was apprehensive about going thru pages of colos and making sure to click every single one for one big order, I liked that the crafty sugar folks have them all in one order..bam! Done! But i am not one to shy away from doing a little homework to save money!

And if you say that PME wheel is great...then I'll probly get it! Thanks again!

hazelnut77 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:40am
post #10 of 15

That european cake gallery has a starter set of 24 colors for 50 bucks, seems like a pretty good deal to me and it's next on my list icon_smile.gif

MyDiwa Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:57am
post #11 of 15

I have the PME one as well and I love it - soooooo much better than the Wilton one that doesnt turn!

xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:26am
post #12 of 15

Hey Jamie,

Michele Foster recommended the same site to me that Blakes did. She told me that the Ruth Ricky starter kit was a good one to go with and the people there are fantastic to boot. I called for one question and ended up on the phone for 1/2 hour and learned a lot.

Here's the link for the starter kit:

http://www.thesugarart.com/pc-681-70-ruth-rickeys-starter-kit-24-colors.aspx

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:00pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks xsticher! I was checking that out too!

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Another option is at $1.99/pot. They used to offer cheap shipping for a lot of pots in one shipping envelope. Nice company, too.

HTH
Rae

Don't know what this "blocked" business is about and then the re-direction to Global Sugar Art is all about (they're a great company, but not the one to which I referred you), but I'll try again.

You can also try [jesterssupply.com] or [fon dant source.com--eliminate the spaces when typing in the web address]--same company, good prices and shipping costs.

Rae

xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:28pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:

Quote:

Another option is at $1.99/pot. They used to offer cheap shipping for a lot of pots in one shipping envelope. Nice company, too.

HTH
Rae

Don't know what this "blocked" business is about and then the re-direction to is all about (they're a great company, but not the one to which I referred you), but I'll try again.

You can also try [jesterssupply.com] or [fon dant source.com--eliminate the spaces when typing in the web address]--same company, good prices and shipping costs.

Rae

I like that company too! Great customer service as well. If you enter cakecentral in the coupon code area you will get an extra 10% off as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%