Please Help!what Side To Put Filling On?[Cant Remeber!]

Decorating By wildflower Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm by xstitcher

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 6

lol
omg i know this has to be the stupidest question ever asked in all of cake central history but i completely forget what side your supposed to do the filling on
meaning you have the baked layer right, and then you level it,so when your making a two layer cake for example,does the leveled side lay against the cardboard or is it the other way around?[leveled side would be the side that comes out the top of the pan]
ive been searching but i cant seem to find this in the threads and even though ive made cakes before,i cant seem to remember what i did for them! icon_redface.gif
i feel horrible asking this but i really want to get a start on filling my cakes[just regular bc]but i dont want to screw this up
please someone enlighten me!
thanks so much in advance!

5 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

Not a silly question at all!
I usually put my fillings on the side that I layered (cut off) . The side that was at the bottom of the cake pan is the one I put on the cake boarc.
Make sense?

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 6

I put the bottom of the cake on the board (the leveled side up), add the filling and then for the top, I put the leveled side down and the bottom facing up. Hope this makes sense.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, no question is stupid on this site! icon_smile.gif

what cindy6250 explained is what exactly I was going to say! icon_smile.gif

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6

thank you so much!!
i thought that was what it was and i was pretty sure but when i googled and searched to confirm i kept coming up with people saying different things and i got soo confused!
lol
anyway thank you all soo much!icon_smile.gif
[sometimes i honestly wonder where id be without u guys!]

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 6

Same as what everyone else said. The sides you leveled face each other (are in the middle) and "house" the filling. The part of the cake that was touching the bottom of the pan will be the smoothest and will not require leveling so will be best for the base and the top of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%