Wasc Cake With Raspberry Filling...

Decorating By volleyball47 Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 6:55pm by volleyball47

volleyball47 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 9

For easter I want to try the WASC! I am still a little apprehensive about the whole almond flavoring, but after all the great reviews, I am giving it a try!
I want to make a WASC with a raspberry jam-like filling. For all of those WASC fans out there what kind of frosting goes well with WASC? Regular wilton buttercream? cream cheese frosting? IMBC? i have no idea!! Please help!

8 replies
volleyball47 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 9

volleyball47 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 9

SweetSyren Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:07am
post #4 of 9

I use buttercream icing

kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #5 of 9

I have always used a variation of SugarShack's Buttercream.
A Cr Ch buttercream sounds like it might be good too icon_smile.gif

jodei Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #6 of 9

omg i just made the wasc recipe for the first time today and i keep wondering why it took me so long to try it!!!!! it was my all time best looking cake, it was perfectly even on top and all the sides look perfectly straight and a nice light color but DONE in the inside. i had to put a second pan on the bottom rack so that one burned on the bottom and sides but the top and inside was just fine so i decided since i was throwing it away anyways that i would go ahead and try it. it is sooooo good. well my kids caught me trying it so they wanted to as well. my 10 yr old daughter said to me "you have to make that for my birthday". sorry i hijacked your thread as i dont know what you could used with it. im making mine to go with the buttercream dream icing as that is the only one that i use since everyone that trys it loves it! good luck with trying to come up with a combo.

Peridot Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #7 of 9

It took me forever to try the WASC also. And I have made it several times since. What a great tasting cake. Don't know why I was so apprehensive. My friends at work just love it and so does my DH. I use a flower nail in the middle of the pan when baking to make sure it gets done.

I have used Indydeb's buttercream every time I have made it and have also covered it with MMF. I have used the BC as the filling and also the raspberry filling in the plastic sleeve. WONDERFUL!

The almond flavor is is fantastic. I also give my BC some almond flavoring or raspberry flavoring depending what I am using.

Eme Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #8 of 9

Have never tried a frosting it (WASC) didn't like icon_biggrin.gif .... can use cr. cheese, buttercream, SMBC, IMBC, glaze, plain icon_lol.gif ... etc....

Any and all frostings go with any and all flavors and fillings ... and don't be afraid to change up the flavorings, there is no 'wrong way' to make a WASC cake!! thumbs_up.gif

volleyball47 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 9

thank you everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%