Safe Transportation For 200 Cupcakes...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 20 Aug 2015 , 10:45am by cupcakeboxes

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a wedding in July with 200 cupcakes. What is the best way to get them from point A (my house) to point B (the beach about 2.5 hours away) without them nudging into eachother? I have a van, so space is not an issue. I have never transported that many cupcakes before, and I don't want them smooshing into eachother during the drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
<S>

9 replies
Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 10

I just transported 50 to a party and used 2 1/2 sheet boxes. I wanted the cupcake inserts, but my local store did not have them.

Just be super careful driving and you should be ok. Also, maybe take something and "bumper" your boxes so they don't move too much.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 10

Someone here on CC (sorry! can't remember who) said to get those foamcore boards and stick toothpicks (or halves, skewers, etc) in the board and space them out. Then you can press each cupcake onto the skewer and it holds it firmly in place during transport.

The when you arrive to the venue, you can take them off (carefully & making sure the toothpicks, etc. don't remain in the cupcake) and place them on the stand. HTH

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 10

I have to transport 190 cupcakes next week. I bought cupcake carrier trays. They hold 12 cupcakes and you can put it into a cake box for traveling. They came 4 per package and were not that expensive.
I got mine at country kitchen
www.countrykitchensa.com

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 10

I just bought my first cupcake inserts today at a local store, and love them! Now I know why they are always sold out!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:19am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Someone here on CC (sorry! can't remember who) said to get those foamcore boards and stick toothpicks (or halves, skewers, etc) in the board and space them out. Then you can press each cupcake onto the skewer and it holds it firmly in place during transport.

The when you arrive to the venue, you can take them off (carefully & making sure the toothpicks, etc. don't remain in the cupcake) and place them on the stand. HTH

THAT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! (caps intended) Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:37am
post #7 of 10

I thought it was pretty ingenious too..... I am fairly certain I did NOT come up with this myself though. Sure wish I could remember who it was that suggested this. They deserve a cupcake. icon_wink.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:57am
post #8 of 10

Definitely icon_biggrin.gif It is so ingenious indeed icon_biggrin.gif

chicapastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicapastel Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:30am
post #9 of 10

i have a cupcake carrier to transport them. You can see it in this link:

http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Cupcake-Cake-Carrier-Caddy.html

cupcakeboxes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeboxes Posted 20 Aug 2015 , 10:45am
post #10 of 10

If anyone is still looking for cupcake boxes which are safe for transporting cupcakes withour nudging into each other.  These heavy duty corrugated cupcake boxes are great.

http://www.thecakeboxes.co.uk/corrugated-cupcake-boxes/153-large-corrugated-cupcake-box-holds-24-cupcakes-with-inserts-5-boxes-60258925773.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%