Weird Request For A Cake.

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm by RobzC8kz

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:59am
post #31 of 41

O, ok. Sorry I was alwasy lead to belive that was what a pot leaf looked like.... I know it's a buckeye but I thought that they looked the same

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #32 of 41

Personally, for me, I wouldn't do it. I do not approve of drugs or illegal behavior nor would I support it.
If you smoke it or it doesn't offend you, then make it.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #33 of 41

Everyone has to live by their own cinvictions. If you don't feel comfortable doing don't do it; but if it doesn't bother you then go for it. There is no right or wrong answer, it's just how you feel about it within yourself.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:10pm
post #34 of 41

Thanks for all your input, but does anuone have any ideas on how to make one ?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

[quote=

Where is "waccy-baccy" land, and how quick can I get there, lol.

You can be here in about 8-10 hours! I live in The Netherlands where pretty much anything goes - it's all legal here - dope, other 'soft' drugs (no such thing in my book!), prostitution, euthanasia, alcohol from the age of 16 (yes my DS does that too, and it's really cheap which doesn't help! Believe me, I'd gladly swap places with you if you want![/quote]

OMGOSH!!! That's terrible-I would move for sure. I'm with Rae -just say no way!

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #36 of 41

I too would move and a heart beat. There is no way I could live somewhere where they basically promoted evil. Sheww, I feel for you.

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:56pm
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_Kake

Here's a thought. Maybe you could make a flower pot (cake) and as for the plant ummm....not sure if you could make it out of gumpaste. But maybe you could make a plaque. If you have an edible image printer you could do it.

I did one of these cakes not long ago. Someone I knew had a T shirt with a pic. on it. I traced the pic. on paper, cut the leaves out seperately to make templates on cardboard then used the templates to cut the peices out of a large sheet cake. The hardest part was icing each leaf seperately because it was to hard to get between the leaves if you put them together first. I iced them and then set them in place on my board and then added the stem. I also put a face on it, made a blunt from green coiored coconut rolled up in fondant and twisted it to give it a realistic look and put a Zippo lighter in the other hand( leaf). When people saw this they wanted it but out of respect for my husband who is a police officer, I decided this would be a one time only cake. LOL!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:15pm
post #38 of 41

It could be medicinal, right...don't they use it to treat glaucoma or something like that?

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:19pm
post #39 of 41

It can be used for medicinal purposed for all kinds of things - cancer, glaucoma, and basically any chronic pain diseases.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:40pm
post #40 of 41

That's what I was saying...it could be an inside joke for someone who is now able to smoke it legally. I know those illnesses aren't funny but I know of several people who have that type of humorous relationship with a terminal(or just incredibly ill) person.

I'm just sayin' there could be reasons other than promoting bad behavior for making a cake like this.

To the OP, because of all the jagged edges, I would either make a sheet cake as you described, with the basic shape then apply fondant on the top with the more detailed edges, viening and shading. Or, like another poster suggested, a pot, with the plant growing out of it....stems made by using royal icing or gumpaste/fondant covered candy sticks and the leaves made from either fondant/gumpaste or even unbreakable gel(white, colored green) attached to them.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bKXlng-gpg0/SX8-Xmtw0mI/AAAAAAAAErI/uEIKumX-i4U/s1600/pot.jpg

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9971/image3sl3.jpg

good luck

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #41 of 41

I've done worse!! I just don't take pictures!! Not something I want to be known for! Don't want to be as the cake guy that does "those cakes!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%