Weird Request For A Cake.

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm by RobzC8kz

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 41

OMG, I have a request for a 3D cake of a Marijuana leaf.

I don't even know what one looks like, besides trying to make one.

Not sure if I even would agree to that one. Looks like it would be alot of hard work.

How would you guys go about making one ? All I can think of is a sheet cake, and trace the pattern out on it, cover it in fondant. Sound right to you guys ?

Lisa

40 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 41

I would make it - its just cake. It doesn't have to impact your morals.

I would go online and do a google image search.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 41

IMO- it's no worse than making a "naughty" cake... To each his own, and as the PP said, it's just cake.
There are some pics here in the gallery, but it's spelled marijuana icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 41

I would do it... not like they're asking you to bake the cake WITH MJ in it! lol

janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 41

LMAO!! that would a weird cake request!!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 41

Oooooo, that would be fun to play around with green dusts and shimmer powders...and airbrush, and......but I probly wouldn't do the cake. I'd want to do too much hands on research to make sure I was making it right...LOLOLOL...just kidding! I don't do that anymore...wow, been a loooong time!

fabulosity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabulosity Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 41

I am doing one next month. Not 3D, but a round with the leaf on top.

It is no big deal and I have had FAR stranger requests than that. But that is best reserved for the naughty section. LOL. Just do it and think of it as great experience, that is what I am doing. icon_smile.gif

And there are some GREAT cakes with that theme in the gallery. thumbs_up.gif

janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 41

Jaime! you are too funny!! I too have to really get "hands on" with my cakes! I have a pirate cake to make so I watched pirates of the caribbean to get in the mood - on this one, I guess I would have to smoke it to make! icon_eek.gif Just kidding!!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 41

I live in the land of waccy-baccy, my 16 yr old and his friends are constantly stoned out of their heads, and no, I don't approve but it's what the kids do here. I've never had a request like that one though!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Oooooo, that would be fun to play around with green dusts and shimmer powders...and airbrush, and......but I probly wouldn't do the cake. I'd want to do too much hands on research to make sure I was making it right...LOLOLOL...just kidding! I don't do that anymore...wow, been a loooong time!

You would just love that won't you.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #11 of 41

where is waccy baccy land?

I would definitely do it too! If they weren't embaressed to ask for it then you shouldn't be either!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 41

Reallly...no, other than the playing with the green colors and stuff, the "hands on experience"....I left that behind quite a few years ago! icon_biggrin.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 41

Honestly, I wouldn't do it. Yes, it is just cake, but, for me, by doing it, I'm helping promote and/or support it. I've seen the affects it causes for the user, the user's family and the dealer.

Yes, yes, I know I'm probably getting more into it than need be, but I try really hard to support things/businesses/groups that help contribute to the world I want to live in. Doing this sort of cake would go against what I live by.

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 41

Do it! You don't have to partake to make the cake!

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #15 of 41

Here's a thought. Maybe you could make a flower pot (cake) and as for the plant ummm....not sure if you could make it out of gumpaste. But maybe you could make a plaque. If you have an edible image printer you could do it.

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:34pm
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

I live in the land of waccy-baccy, my 16 yr old and his friends are constantly stoned out of their heads, and no, I don't approve but it's what the kids do here. I've never had a request like that one though!

Where is "waccy-baccy" land, and how quick can I get there, lol.

I had a request, not only for a "weed-theme", but even crazier, a Crawfish, smoking a joint, and drinking Heineken!
Made for a humorous cake!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #17 of 41

I have a photo in my gallery that I did, they wanted a flower cake....so what I did is actually make huge petals out of fondant/tylose and tinted them/painted/dusted them to look sort of realistic...and then actually made the top of the cake look like a 3D flower. Then covered the sides in "leaves".

You could do something similar, making a large gumpaste leaf for the top and then hiding the sides in grasses.

Glad its you and not me. icon_lol.gif

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #18 of 41

I would do it. It isn't like they are asking you to do a giant joint. :p Although, I'd probably do that too. Not sure I'd put it in my portfolio but I'd do it. Hahaha.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:41pm
post #19 of 41

[quote=

Where is "waccy-baccy" land, and how quick can I get there, lol.

[/quote]

You can be here in about 8-10 hours! I live in The Netherlands where pretty much anything goes - it's all legal here - dope, other 'soft' drugs (no such thing in my book!), prostitution, euthanasia, alcohol from the age of 16 (yes my DS does that too, and it's really cheap which doesn't help! Believe me, I'd gladly swap places with you if you want!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #20 of 41

I have four boys, so I draw the line at what I can explain to them. Haha. If I can say "Oh its a pretty leaf from a tree" then its all good. But a big joint would be a no no. LOL. I stay away from risque stuff too, although I'm dying to try a pretty lingerie cake sometime.

Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #21 of 41

I think it would be a fun cake to make!!! Please post pics!

Oh and if you need to get in the mood, watch the movie Friday, its all about smoking the MJ!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:00pm
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

Jaime! you are too funny!! I too have to really get "hands on" with my cakes! I have a pirate cake to make so I watched pirates of the caribbean to get in the mood - on this one, I guess I would have to smoke it to make! icon_eek.gif Just kidding!!

LOL!! If you actually got the motivation to make the cake after smoking, then you'd have the munchies and have to eat it too!! icon_lol.gif

janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:33pm
post #23 of 41

LMAO!! I guess i didn't think about that! I have a hard enough time not eating my cakes as it is!! ha ha!

janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #24 of 41

LMAO!! I guess i didn't think about that! I have a hard enough time not eating my cakes as it is!! ha ha!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #25 of 41

Well at least they only want it to look like a leaf.
They could want you to bake it inside hahahhahah!

They say it makes great brownies..hahahahha

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:52pm
post #26 of 41

LOL!! I forgot what my point of posting was, for the benefit of the OP! If there were kids or someone you didn't want to explain in detail what the cake is, say oh it's a lovely fern!! Isn't it a nice looking fern!!

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:56pm
post #27 of 41

Look at the Ohio State Bukeyes (OSU) flag and that's a marijuana leaf.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #28 of 41

Not my thing, so I wouldn't do it either. Many would though, so it's up to you do decide what works for you. You are correct either way you decide.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekwebb

I thought it was a buckeye leave?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekwebb

No, it's not. It's a buckeye leaf and has 5 parts. Please don't provide incorrect info.

A pot leaf has up to 9 parts, jagged edges, etc. A comparison of the two is quite easy using Google images. I've never seen or used one in real life.

Personally, I wouldn't do the cake because I feel that it passivley condones worthless behavior that is too widely accepted today. Another poster mentioned essentially the same reason.

I wouldn't want my name associated with such crap. I feel strongly about practicing what I preach. No drugs means not even on a fantastically executed cake.

Just my honest .02
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%