Crumbs

Decorating By sugarinspired Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm by sugarinspired

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:09am
post #1 of 7

everytime i bake a cake theres so many crumbs. Cakes that i see out there are perfect dont even need to cut it or try to make it even. What am i doing wrong?

6 replies
solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:37am
post #2 of 7

Are you using bake even strips,plus do you mean crumbs in your icing or just the cake itself

sugarinspired Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:41am
post #3 of 7

im sorry i mean the cake itself it bakes even but its very light and not dense at all. crumbs everywhere

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:42am
post #4 of 7

sounds like you might want a different cake. some are crumbly by their nature.
check the knife you use to cut it - sharp knives make less crumbs.
remember a lot of what looks perfect out there has been very carefully crafted to look that way!
xx

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:22am
post #5 of 7

I too think that you need another good cakes recipe. But one thing you can try is, before you torte it or carve it, put it in the fridge or maybe in the freezer for few minutes. So when you cut the cake, less crumbs.

HTH.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:58am
post #6 of 7

I think you need another recipe for your cake that is more dense and not so crumbly.You can do some searches in the recipe section you then compare to what you have already and adjust.

sugarinspired Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 7

i know wasc is very dense and great for craving. i invested in really great knives so i know for sure its not that. Its too bad because its my most requested one. i guess i will just keep it for only cupcakes and use wasc with different flavor the cake. Thank CCers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%