I Need A Name... Help..

Lounge By JaimeAnn Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm by JaimeAnn

JaimeAnn Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:41am
post #1 of 21

I am building a web site for my Mom and I to sell our handmade retro and vintage inspired kitchen aprons.

I am having trouble coming up with a name for the web site and the dot com address.

I figured I would pick my fellow CC'rs creative minds.

We are doing a few different styles and will be doing custom embroidery designs on them also, and names and stuff.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated .. I am really having a hard time being catchy with this one.

These are some of the styles we are doing. We just got our first order to do 10 for a local bakery's employees and figured we should build a website.
I don't have a complete catalog yet I am in the process of making that too.

Give me some ideas you cake geniuses!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

20 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:10am
post #2 of 21

Aren't those aprons with the bib and little sleeve cap ruffles called Pinafores? How about Perfect Pinafores? Or Pretty Pinafores?

brincess_b Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:11am
post #3 of 21

wow, they are gorgeous! make sure and include info on international shipping icon_wink.gif
im lacking inspiration, but custom aprons, RAV aprons (retro and vintage - spelling it out is a bit long!), or maybe just retro and vintage.... those ideas arent great, but maybe it will inspire you!
xx

jammjenks Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 21

Sew Vintage
Sew Retro
Sew Timeless
Sew Long Ago

Retro Stitches
Vintage Stitchery
Vintage Seams (can add another word to play on "seams vs. seems")
A Stitch in Time

I didn't look to see what may or may not be used already. Then again, you may hate them all anyway. Just throwing some ideas out there.

BTW - these aprons are AWESOME!! I have been wanting a cool one for a long time now. Do you currently sell on ebay or anything? I'd like to possibly order one.

maryjsgirl Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 21

Make sure to set up a site on Etsy.com. Those are great! I actually had another place bookmarked to purchase one in the future, but would rather support someone I "know".

I am so not good at names though sorry.

SweetSweetCreations Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 21

These are too cute. Sorry I can't help with names

kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 21

,,,,,,,,Vintage Stitchery........Vintage Seams........A Stitch in Time........

I really like these suggestions it that ordericon_smile.gif
I'm not good at coming up w/name either so just telling you what I like that's been suggested icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 21

I like the Sew Retro suggestion!!

janelwaters Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 21

Love Sew Retro Aprons!!

I would also love some info on ordering and somewhere that I can see a complete line - those are AWESOME!!

xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Sew Vintage
Sew Retro
Sew Timeless
Sew Long Ago

Retro Stitches
Vintage Stitchery
Vintage Seams (can add another word to play on "seams vs. seems")
A Stitch in Time

I didn't look to see what may or may not be used already. Then again, you may hate them all anyway. Just throwing some ideas out there.

BTW - these aprons are AWESOME!! I have been wanting a cool one for a long time now. Do you currently sell on ebay or anything? I'd like to possibly order one.

These are all awesome suggestions anyone would be great. I love the word play of "Sew/So". Very clever jammjenks! thumbs_up.gif

JaimeAnn Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 21

Thanks everyone!!!!

We have decided on www.SewRetroAprons.com

Thank you so much for all the suggestions!!!!
I was having a brain meltdown, too many projects at once.

I already checked and purchased the domain name. So one step taken care of.

Now I need to get to work on the website and technical stuff .

I will let you all know when it is finished, probably next week or so. We are doing a craft fair on the 18th so we are trying to get as many made as possible before then and I will use those for my catalog and inventory photos. I will also have to make a catalog for the embroidery designs that can be added to them.

Thanks again everyone, I knew the great minds on here would come to my rescue.

jammjenks Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 21

I like the name you picked. I LOVE to respond to "name my business" threads because once I read that someone needs help picking one out, my mind goes into overdrive.

...and I love to do plays on words.

If you have Microsoft Word on your computer it will help you with brainstorming. Just open a new word document and type a word that has to do with your business (for this one I typed "vintage". Then highlight it and choose "thesaurus" from the options and it will give you several ideas. Write all of them down that go with what you're doing. Next type any other word (I typed sew), and keeping going like that. Then you have a list and can mix and match.

HTH someone sometime. thumbs_up.gif

Niliquely Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #13 of 21

Hey Jaime! These are super cute - I especially like the one with the cupcakes! I think the name you picked is perfect too!
Good luck with your site! thumbs_up.gif

SugarLover2 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #14 of 21

Ok, so love this and so jealous!!

Just wanted to let you know that there are fabric co-ops on Yahoo. If you want an invite, pm me and I'll get one out to you. I joined a few and found one I absolutely love. The good part is you pay just above wholesale, the bad part is you may have to wait a month or more for the fabric. Once you get ordering though, it works out because you'll be ordering in April and continuing to order, then you keep getting shipments from the girls who order it. It's tricky, but works out well.

xstitcher Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #15 of 21

Thanks jammjenks for that piece of info. Now let's just see if I can remember it when I need to use something like that! icon_lol.gif

JaimeAnn Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:27am
post #16 of 21

My website is finally up and running.

Thanks again for the great ideas....

xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 2:37am
post #17 of 21

What great looking aprons! I just love the dish gloves with the frills on it and matching hair wrap is great too. What I would love to see on the site is when you enlarge the pics that you still have the option to scroll to the next pic rather than having to go back. Great job on the website. I'm sure it'll be a hit.

edited to add:

P.S. So whose the model?????

JaimeAnn Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #18 of 21

Thanks... I am working on the picture issue. Not sure how to do it yet but I think I will figure it out.

The Lovely, Gorgeous, beautiful, model is my daughter.. icon_lol.gificon_eek.gifprincess.gif

I may be a little biased. Hahahahahah

xstitcher Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:22am
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Thanks... I am working on the picture issue. Not sure how to do it yet but I think I will figure it out.

The Lovely, Gorgeous, beautiful, model is my daughter.. icon_lol.gificon_eek.gifprincess.gif

I thought so too! She had some great expressions on her face. Loved the poses to and the backdrop was perfect for the pics.

I'm sure you'll figure out how to get the picture issue fixed (not that it's a huge deal or anything, just a little more convenient icon_lol.gif _

susanscakecreations Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:

She is lovely, gorgeous, and beautiful! And a great model! I love your website, and your aprons are cute as can be!!!! I hope you do very well at the craft fair, and let us know when we can purchase from your website!!!!!

JaimeAnn Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin40

Quote:

She is lovely, gorgeous, and beautiful! And a great model! I love your website, and your aprons are cute as can be!!!! I hope you do very well at the craft fair, and let us know when we can purchase from your website!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!

All the sets on the website can be purchased now. I am just not able to do a shopping cart type of website with my hosting service.

Each set has a number above it and you can email us at [email protected] with the item number and we have a Paypal account for payments.

It sounds kinda round about but that is the only way I could do it for now. I am putting them on Etsy also which has the direct buy shopping cart feature and will put that on my website . as soon as I figure it out icon_cry.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%