"bun In The Oven" Themed Baby Shower Cake...any Id

Decorating By 1nanette Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 12:26pm by cylstrial

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 6

I am drawing a blank. The colors are blue and brown. Im adding tan and white for contrast. The client wants a two tiered cake with dots. The father mentioned an oven on the top. Mom says no oven. I am stumped. I think I have writers block for cakers. Please help.

5 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 6

Might only work if she is a well known cook in her own right or cooks a lot... a prego belly cake with a chef's apron that says, "still cooking" and has a picture of a sweet bun on it. and then oven mits like holding the sides of the belly. And you could roll up little sweet buns instead of roses for points on the boarders or a bun bouquet of some sort....?

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #3 of 6

That sounds like a super great cake! I wish I was that creative!!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #4 of 6

Ah, you're bringing back very fond memories of when I hosted a Baby Shower for my little Sister. I had a cute poem from the baby that I wanted to incorporate, plus a dozen or so new recipes to add to my menu. I ended up making these killer Cinnamon Rolls, packaged each one seperately and tied with a ribbon and a copy of the poem... it was a Thank You from the baby for everyone that shared the day with "mommy",,, it was signed from the Little Bun in the Oven. It was cute and I got to a chance to share my cinnamon rolls. They were a hit. They were used as parting gifts.

Sorry, to go on & on without really giving a idea, except maybe a cinnamon roll rather than a more plain bun?

JayTeresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayTeresa Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:22am
post #5 of 6

What about making a little bread roll or hamburger bun with a little fondant baby sitting on top of it, not quite sure if this helps, i'm only new to this but thought it might look cute.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 6

I love Sadsmile's idea!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%