Stupid Snow!

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 2:20am by favrtdtr

TheCakerator Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:13am
post #1 of 6

So we woke up today with about four new inches of snow on the ground, the power flickering, and our furnace blowing out a fuse we didn't know about that ended up costing us 60.00$ in a service charge and then my dh left for work, and how lovely for me, the power went out and stayed out for the next seven hours ... let me say this ... when you are alone, all day, by yourself, it gets pretty boring .. but when you don't even have the opportunity to turn on the tv, or the radio, or the internet the day can get very boring very fast! oh yeah, and it can get down right chilly when the furnace can't run and the wind is whipping around 20mphs and its snowing like crazy. Aren't April showers supposed to come in the form of rain, now snow?!

5 replies
JodieF Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:53am
post #2 of 6

Cakerator....the DH and I went to Opening Day today...woo season!
Now, on Saturday, it was 67 degrees here. Today it was 34, with 20-30 mph wind gusts, wind chill in the teens, with snow! I think I can feel my feet again and my cheeks hurt from being cold and wind burned!

Worst of all, my Cardinals lost it in the 9th!!!! icon_cry.gif

TheCakerator Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 6

aww sorry to hear your team lost! I am not a sports fan myself so I never really care who win's or loses, but always feel bad for the people who are really into it, and then their teams lose!

Ironbaker Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 6

There would be cakes all over if I had to sit around for 7 hours with nothing else to do. lol I hope you had a good book or something!

I've been watching the on and off sprinkling of hail and snow all day. I'm in Atlanta.

These April "showers" will bring no flowers.

kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 6

.....when you are alone, all day, by yourself, it gets pretty boring ....

Oh how I know that feeling icon_sad.gif Especially after spending 50 yrs w/someone else who decides to walk out on you .....icon_sad.gif

At least here, those 3" melted off rather quickly and it is supposed to warm up to mid-50s tomorrow.

favrtdtr Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

I'm so sorry - I know how you feel. Before you say how, I live in Florida now, but grew up in Maine. I've had those days and they are no fun at all....I hope it gets better for ya soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%