How Do I.....

Decorating By liapsim Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 1:31am by antonia74

liapsim Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 11

Make a gumpaste/fondant mixture dry quicker?

I really need it for tomorrow....Thanks!

10 replies
antonia74 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 11

I've heard you can put it in your oven with the light on overnight. The heat should be OFF, it's just the warmth of the lightbulb in that smaller confined space that should dry it faster.

I'd also advise you to put a sign on the oven power switch or knob reminding people not to turn it on because you have stuff drying inside!!! icon_surprised.gif

kakeladi Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 11

Also depending on the size/shape etc of the piece(s) you can rest them in a bed of cornstarch. That will absorb the moisture out of them.
Others have said they have a fan blow on their pieces.

liapsim Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks girls.....great ideas! I'm gonna try them!

Ariginal Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 11

also in your hot water cupboard but if you have humidity probs you could try putting near or in a small room with a dehumidifyer.. i add dyocell to my fondant no gumpaste and it dries hard enought overnight.

burgderb Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 11

I had heard about the stove light thing before so I gave it a try not realizing my new stove has two really large lights, I was trying to dry a royal icing design. Hours later I thought my stove had been turned on it even the outside of the stove was hot to the touch. I didn't realize the lightbulbs could generate so much heat. Just a warning to others

xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:08pm
post #7 of 11

Also if you use an oven make sure it is electric not gas (I don't know if the pilot light would effect the heat or not).

solascakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Also depending on the size/shape etc of the piece(s) you can rest them in a bed of cornstarch. That will absorb the moisture out of them.
Others have said they have a fan blow on their pieces.

Never heard of this,very helpful,thanks.

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:39pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgderb

I had heard about the stove light thing before so I gave it a try not realizing my new stove has two really large lights, I was trying to dry a royal icing design. Hours later I thought my stove had been turned on it even the outside of the stove was hot to the touch. I didn't realize the lightbulbs could generate so much heat. Just a warning to others

I guess you didn't have an easy bake oven as a child...Damn those things get HOT!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

burgderb Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 11:48am
post #10 of 11

lol sugardivine, I didn't have an easybake oven, but I had always wanted one. I have heard they get really hot, I just know my royal icing design was baked on to the melted wax paper and there was no saving that

antonia74 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #11 of 11

My avatar is an Easy-Bake! I never got one as a child either. icon_sad.gif My mother said "Just use my oven!" and I did. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%