I Just Received 4 Of Sugarshack's Dvd's And I'm Hooked!!

Decorating By KookieKris Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 10:06pm by becklynn

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 15

Just wanted to share~
I was so excited when I ordered them, ecstatic when I received them and overjoyed now that I've watched them!! icon_biggrin.gif
I already have my portable DVD player set up in my kitchen for the next time I decorate a cake so I can pop in my Buttercream DVD and go step-by-step with Sharon. Her techniques are simple and extremely user friendly and really great for someone like me who has to visually see someone do something in order to be able to do it myself. thumbs_up.gif

If you're on the fence about buying her DVD's ~ it's a great investment!

Thanks sooo much Sharon!!

14 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 15

I'm right there with you! I received mine Friday and I've watched the BC one. I'm still marveling at how simply she breaks everything down... I'm guilty of doing all the things you aren't supposed to do, which is why my BC has been a major nightmare in the past. I can't wait to use her techniques tonight! icon_smile.gif I don't think I've ever let a cake settle in my life... that's going to change!!

icon_eek.gif Portable DVD player is a GREAT idea!!! I've never even thought about hooking up my portable DVD player in the kitchen while I work for reference. thumbs_up.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 15

Yay!!! I love mine, too!

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 15

I wish I could buy these. I use to be okay with my buttercream but now if seems to be so airy (hopefully I can fix this issue). The price is just to steep for my pockets with a sudden move. Less than 24 hours notice, yikes.... Oh well at least I'll be getting away from a idiot.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 15

Ditto!

I have all of her DVD's and they are great! I think she's coming out with a Topsy Turvy one this summer...

If you are going to the ICES convention this summer look for Sharon - she will be a vendor and will be selling her DVD's there!

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 15

My kids aren't too happy that I took the DVD player out of the van, but I think it'll make things much easier to watch it while I do it so I don't forget or mess up any of her steps!!

By the way, I think I thought the exact same thing when I first watched her buttercream tutorial! icon_biggrin.gif

Good Luck tonight K2cakes!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 15

i bought a small flat screen tv with a dvd player right in it for the kitchen counter, it is great and doesn't take up much counter space. got it at Costco and it wasn't much

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 15

I'm waiting for my 4th one to arrive (hopefully today). I put my laptop on the kitchen island and watch as I ice a cake. Her DVD's are the best money I have ever spent. I'm also a visual person and she shows exactly how to do each step. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 15

Where is the best place to purchase these DVD's?

taxlady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxlady1 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 15

Don't GOOGLE sugar shack it is not about cakes! icon_redface.gif

I too would like to know how to order.

pattycakesnj Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm
post #11 of 15

amazon has them, global sugar art and also their own website, sugaredproductions (or something like that)

Tricia0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tricia0312 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:20pm
post #12 of 15

What are the names of the 4 DVD's?

Thank you! I woudl LOVE to order these! icon_smile.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #13 of 15

i have 2, flawless fondant and perfecting the art of buttercream

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 9:15pm
post #14 of 15

I have the buttercream dvd i love it,i need to buy the rest.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 10:06pm
post #15 of 15

I have:
Perfecting the Art of Buttercream
Successful Stacking
Flawless Fondant
Design Gallery
Boxes and Bows

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%